Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish 1c and 2c

Options
  • 19-02-2018 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Does anyone know what I can do with Irish 1c and 2c coins now...is there a charity that accepts them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

faber11 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what I can do with Irish 1c and 2c coins now...is there a charity that accepts them?

Spend them. They are, and always will be, legal tender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Collect them up, change them for bigger denominations and pay the vet. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Have a ****

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

They are still legal tender OP. Spend them, or bag them, and cash them in at your bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Get an unused grain silo, fill it with all your 1c and 2c coins and then get some kind of diving board installed and go for a swim in your riches, Scrooge Mcduck style

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

I still use them in my shop. I don't give a duck if I'm meant to round up or down or whatever, the bank still give them to me when I want change for the till so I keep doing things the same as ever #oldschool #rulebreaker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭falinn merking

Have a ****

Well you picked the right username.

I suppose it was a funny answer to a silly question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

They're definately still legal whatever. The blind, the starving, the homeless would all be happy to have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Automated checkout machines in Tesco etc. accept them. Though it would be appreciated if you don't try that at peak times with fifty-seven angry shoppers queued up behind you ... :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

...is there a charity that accepts them?

Yes, I set up a charity called 'Any Odds' and everytime you get around a thousand of them together, just pop them in a bag and send them to my Parcel Motel locker (PM me for details).

*I also accept any unwanted gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    They're definately still legal whatever. The blind, the starving, the homeless would all be happy to have them.

And Dunnes Stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Who even uses change these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Cocobongo

Just exchanged 20eur worth of 1 and 2 cents today at tescos coin exchange machine, never expected it was gonna be this much, sweet deal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Who even uses change these days?

yea man, anything less than a euro, i just throw in the bin when i get home

Advertisement