Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 Hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I hadn't seen this before but I just watched the McGrath episode. It was great TV.

He was so smug and it was wonderful to see him caught out.

I'll be watching more of this. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Oat23 wrote: »
    Brecknock standing next to the fire place in Meath had us rolling. It's just a shame the 'girls' didn't show him that picture while he was lecturing them on the French having invented flat pack.

Don't misquote him. They are masters of it. Didn't say that they invented it.
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    I’ve been watching this for a few years but I missed the last episode and it sounds like a cracker, 4OD for me later I think

Best one I've seen in ages and I love 24H. It's mandatory viewing, along with Taskmaster, for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,289 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Berserker wrote: »
    Don't misquote him. They are masters of it. Didn't say that they invented it.

Invented.
    https://streamable.com/jrfhu

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The guy reminded me of Jeremy from Paths to Freedom

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I’ve been watching this for a few years but I missed the last episode and it sounds like a cracker, 4OD for me later I think
    It's a must watch, then again this series in particular has been brilliant!

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    It's a must watch, then again this series in particular has been brilliant!

The one where the guy was shipping drugs in from the continent last week was very good. Experienced criminal and you could see he was trying to figure out what the cops had on him when they were questioning him. Real cat and mouse stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The episode where they found the woman's body with her throat slashed and arrested her odd eccentric partner initially was very good.

It was the first episode of the last series before this one.

Caught up with the latest episode this evening, jaysus lads he’s a bit thick isn’t he but it was good viewing and I then watched U.K. gogglebox where the episode also featured and the reactions from them were hilarious
    8 long years to think about that f*ck up now lol, imagining him in prison is making me laugh
    He was also convicted for fairly serious mortgage fraud hence the sentence being so long.
    Its a terrific series no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Just reading over some of the newspaper reports over a cuppa, the judge said the The offences were sophisticated, detailed, well planned and carried out over a long period of time

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/8817985/doctor-accuses-cop-fraud-24-hours-police-custody/amp/

If he was half as sophisticated as he was arrogant he might have gotten away with it.

Your average junkie housebreaker is better at hiding their tracks than this clown.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Something very sad about the way many people are living in the latest one, about the Lithuanian woman.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Something very sad about the way many people are living in the latest one, about the Lithuanian woman.

Hard watch that one. Watched it last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭TimHorton

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x75lfmn The Detective And The Surgeon

Full episode of Insurance Fraudster Irish Surgeon Anthony McGrath

ah i thought there was a new series :-(
    all previous episodes are on 4OD, ive watched them all twice now and the early ones arent as dark

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/24-hours-in-police-custody/episode-guide

They are NOT on 4OD now called All4 , Only episode playable is the repeat that was shown the other night that has only 26 days left to view.

Really excellent special episode last two nights called murder in the woods

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just refreshing this as there's a new double bill of this. Just watching the second part now. Should be available on More4 and definitely worth a watch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

jellybear wrote: »
    Just refreshing this as there's a new double bill of this. Just watching the second part now. Should be available on More4 and definitely worth a watch!!

Have to say never disliked anyone as much the Lady from this episode

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Have to say never disliked anyone as much the Lady from this episode

Haven't seen this one yet, but did you see the one with the Irish fella claiming he had been robbed at his country house?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Absolutely love watching this the 2 part one on tonight is absolutely cracking, you just don't expect what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The next most recent one about the drug import gang is great too, it's up on All4.

The next most recent one about the drug import gang is great too, it's up on All4.

Great series. The camera discovery in that case is a real moment.

Your one in the latest one is a right piece of work.

• Advertisement

If you enjoyed the show this show is quite similar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

cefh17 wrote: »
    Haven't seen this one yet, but did you see the one with the Irish fella claiming he had been robbed at his country house?

Yes saw that one which was fraud and he was a d*ck. This woman is evil conspiring to try to murder an ex manipulating a few boyfriends to do so. It was all the feigning of the medical problems that probably annoyed me the most.

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Yes saw that one which was fraud and he was a d*ck. This woman is evil conspiring to try to murder an ex manipulating a few boyfriends to do so. It was all the feigning of the medical problems that probably annoyed me the most.

Good Old Dr McGgrath got his dues, Most telling part is when Irish Gardai were more concerned about the reputation of the "good people" where his parents lived and where the alleged stolen goods were located, If that Fraud happened here then a quiet phone call from gardai and fraud claim would have been fogotten....

So glad I'm not the only one who wasn't Victoria's biggest fan! I was getting so annoyed as it went on. The weak voice was in stark contrast to how riled up she got when being questioned at the start. Shocking that someone can be that manipulative and calculating.
    Was surprised about the result for the accomplice...can't remember his name now!

jellybear wrote: »
    So glad I'm not the only one who wasn't Victoria's biggest fan! I was getting so annoyed as it went on. The weak voice was in stark contrast to how riled up she got when being questioned at the start. Shocking that someone can be that manipulative and calculating.
    Was surprised about the result for the accomplice...can't remember his name now!

Earl , She preyed on several "vulnerable" men so as to get them to try and take out clever Husband number 1.

TimHorton wrote: »
    Earl , She preyed on several "vulnerable" men so as to get them to try and take out clever Husband number 1.

Earl, that's it! I'm just not convinced by him though...don't want to say too much in case I ruin it on anyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Does anyone know where I can watch the rest of the episodes, theres only the last two on Channel4 I love it

Does anyone know where I can watch the rest of the episodes, theres only the last two on Channel4 I love it
    I would say all4?

The black widow episodes were excellent.

But the recent one about the drug import operation was even better, the home county cartel.

It's a really excellent series imo, channel 4 are brilliant at these kind of docs.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

New episode next Monday 22nd.

• Advertisement

Airs tonight at 9

Advertisement