Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 Hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Proper out and out arrogant filthy scumbag without a brain cell in his head on it tonight, how police can hold back not thumping the head off him is beyond me. Hopefully those he is sharing the prison with were all watching in tonight, fun times ahead for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Pure scum, the biggest crime was 6 sugars in his tea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Another good show again last night. That lad got 18 years, will probably be out in around 12 so will still be only 35 and a threat to society when he does get out.

He was such a scumbag even his own people (the English travellers) gave him up - enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

BPKS wrote: »
    Another good show again last night. That lad got 18 years, will probably be out in around 12 so will still be only 35 and a threat to society when he does get out.

He was such a scumbag even his own people (the English travellers) gave him up - enough said.
    Was part of the sentence to do with this other crimes I wonder? I know they said they were charging him with 9 things at one stage?
    The video footage of the attack on the elderly lady, as well as driving into an 8 year old, in a stolen motorbike was horrendous.
    He is one of the worst people I have ever seen on a show like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

gmisk wrote: »
    Was part of the sentence to do with this other crimes I wonder? I know they said they were charging him with 9 things at one stage?
    The video footage of the attack on the elderly lady, as well as driving into an 8 year old, in a stolen motorbike was horrendous.
    He is one of the worst people I have ever seen on a show like this.

They were dropped due to lack of evidence, his face was covered, they knew it was him but couldn't prove it.

His legal team seemed to be sketchy at best as he was advised to no comment but yet didn't stick to it and really incriminated himself at times..... He fell for the chats a good few times which I was very surprised by.

What a true all out scum bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Be right back

BPKS wrote: »

And his dad allowed the police search his caravan. Horrendous individual. He'll spend more time in prison than outside of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Was next to no objective evidence for most of the crimes he was charged with.

Clearly he's a xxxx and should be locked up for life but I was surprised so little evidence was presented. Where was the evidence for example that he was the one on the motorbike?
    Regarding the 2 girls the only thing I thought he'd get done for was rape for sex with a minor for one of them.They had evidence he knew she was underage.

Rodin wrote: »

Clearly he's a xxxx and should be locked up for life but I was surprised so little evidence was presented. Where was the evidence for example that he was the one on the motorbike?
    Regarding the 2 girls the only thing I thought he'd get done for was rape for sex with a minor for one of them.They had evidence he knew she was underage.

Having 2 girls dropped off in the exact same manner really didn't help him one bit, if he had changed cars, changed spots etc it would have made it much more difficult but he did incriminate himself answering questions and not only that his social media accounts answered a lot too.

Having 2 girls dropped off in the exact same manner really didn't help him one bit, if he had changed cars, changed spots etc it would have made it much more difficult but he did incriminate himself answering questions and not only that his social media accounts answered a lot too.

Despite not having a phone!!

Despite not having a phone!!

I don't want to spoil, so won't say ....

• Advertisement

He said he had sex with them.
    If every man was to prosecuted for his less than romantic post-coital conduct...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

If every man was to prosecuted for his less than romantic post-coital conduct...
    He didn't initially....he then said...he didn't rape them...he then said they were both over 16....are you noticing a pattern here?

Post coital conduct....ffs...

Ah here.....

He absolutely took the piss, he is a child rapist.

Disgusting human being.

Ah here.....

He absolutely took the piss, he is a child rapist.

Disgusting human being.

I agree. He knew one of them was 15. He told her he was 17. They had him on that.
    There was no other objective evidence of non-consensual sex.

Just to be clear, Ive no doubt he raped both girls and Im glad he's banged up. But there was very little objective evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭griffin100

The evidence was presented in the court, not in a one hour condensed documentary. You can’t base a judgement on his guilt or innocence without seeing all the evidence. Jury’s decision was unanimous.

griffin100 wrote: »
    The evidence was presented in the court, not in a one hour condensed documentary. You can’t base a judgement on his guilt or innocence without seeing all the evidence. Jury’s decision was unanimous.

Of course they got to see more. We hope.
    I'm just surprised we saw so little.
    We saw him being questioned over the robbing the auld one and stealing the bike. Was clear as day there was no evidence

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭griffin100

Of course they got to see more. We hope.
    I'm just surprised we saw so little.
    We saw him being questioned over the robbing the auld one and stealing the bike. Was clear as day there was no evidence

I think it was the similarity of the testimony from the two victims who had never met that probably did for him. Wasn’t any mention of forensic evidence in the newspaper reports I read. An absolute scumbag who hopefully is having a hard time inside for raping a 15 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Bit of a strange episode tonight, didn't find myself with the usual rage against the guilty.
    Felt tonight that the mental health system failed the guy tonight to a degree, then again looking back it wasn't as if it was a punchup in a bar where he killed someone in a moment of madness either. He had in his posession a gun so whether he was in crazy mode or normal he had at some stage decided that a gun was the right thing to have on him. 22 years in jail perhaps a tad tough considering the mickey mouse sentencing we have here.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Haven't seen tonight's episode (ty for reminder, Dawn).. but saw this in the news today. Still remember the smugness from him before he was caught out!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-56564228

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭TimHorton

cefh17 wrote: »
    Haven't seen tonight's episode (ty for reminder, Dawn).. but saw this in the news today. Still remember the smugness from him before he was caught out!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-56564228

Still the best episode yet , The big takeaway from me was the different mindset of UK Cops compared to the Irish Cop, Irish Guy was giving it the whole "Good People" live in this stately house and we need to be discreet. If that fraud was uncovered here a quiet phone call to the Doctor would have been had and all would be forgotten, The Wealthy and/or Well Connected in Ireland get away with fraud like this , In the UK they don't.

• Advertisement

Bit of a strange episode tonight, didn't find myself with the usual rage against the guilty.
    Felt tonight that the mental health system failed the guy tonight to a degree, then again looking back it wasn't as if it was a punchup in a bar where he killed someone in a moment of madness either. He had in his posession a gun so whether he was in crazy mode or normal he had at some stage decided that a gun was the right thing to have on him. 22 years in jail perhaps a tad tough considering the mickey mouse sentencing we have here.

He destroyed a guys life so fcuk him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭TimHorton

He destroyed a guys life so fcuk him.

Also shows how insular the Poles in the UK are, The Guy was in his 20's and grew up in Luton yet spoke with a strong eastern European accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭Nermal

I have no doubt the offender last week could concoct a sob story as touching as this one, but Channel Four mysteriously chose not to included it...

The 'system' doesn't fail muggers, burglars, rapists or muderously violent drug dealers. They themselves are the failure.

True justice would see both of these criminals dying in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

It was definitely a more 'layered' episode than usual - a vile crime but I definitely had some sympathy for the perp.

Fans of 24 Hours might want to check out The Detectives - Investigating Organised Crime on BBC2 tonight at 9pm. It's basically an identically structured program with investigations, interviews etc.
    2nd episode tonight but seems to be standalone.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Just watched this now and I don't know why but I feel more empathy for the shooter than the victim.
    I guess its just because we see more of his story than the guy who got shot but I feel his story is so horrendously sad. It's documented from such a young age the neglect, drugs at age 8 and such a chaotic life for a child.
    The victim jumping when the letter box made a noise just seemed a bit contrived for the visiting victim liaison officer so I feel a bit meh towards him really.
    Hopefully the guy can get the help he needs on prison and be safe and others safe from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Normally I feel rage at the perp in every episode but this one was definitely take a moment to think about how he was ignored his whole life when asking for help

Not a clear cut this is a very bad person that deserves everything he gets

He knew right from wrong, the guy had kids, had principles and even went on about been there for them....

He was a scum bag, was dealing drugs, doing drugs at 8 and yes that's a big big fail on his scum bag parents and social worker..... He should have been in a loving home.

The guns were all modified, he knew what he was at, he was making good money dealing, was living the dream, not having to work but able to afford to do a lot etc....

bertsmom wrote: »
    Just watched this now and I don't know why but I feel more empathy for the shooter than the victim.
    I guess its just because we see more of his story than the guy who got shot but I feel his story is so horrendously sad. It's documented from such a young age the neglect, drugs at age 8 and such a chaotic life for a child.
    The victim jumping when the letter box made a noise just seemed a bit contrived for the visiting victim liaison officer so I feel a bit meh towards him really.
    Hopefully the guy can get the help he needs on prison and be safe and others safe from him.

Victim blaming much.... The guys life has been ruined.
    Absolutely ridiculous, the poor guy shot in his chest, couple mm away from ending his life and for what.... Going to the shop....

Jesus Christ no wonder there's so much crime when people are feeling bad for the perpetrators.

A guy is going around on a rampage with 2 guns, and goes up to a complete stranger and shoots him point blank in the chest. The victim is so traumatized he decides to leave the country. Yet you feel more sorry for the dirty little scumbag who is now serving a long prison sentence? Gullible is all you are.

• Advertisement

The victim could have had a very sad life too for all we know and was nearly killed by someone for no reason.

Advertisement