Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 Hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Victim blaming much.... The guys life has been ruined. Absolutely ridiculous, the poor guy shot in his chest, couple mm away from ending his life and for what.... Going to the shop....

Jesus Christ no wonder there's so much crime when people are feeling bad for the perpetrators.

I get what you mean but I'm in no way blaming the victim. Its absolutely horrible what happened to him and he was in no way at fault.
    I'm surprised myself at my reaction to this. I just find that here in Ireland its so bloody frustrating that even when the guards catch the perpetrator once before a court the judge sees fit to say "oh you've had a hard life, you get 6 months and half it suspended!"
    In this case I feel he felt genuine remorse and also recognised that he needed to pay the price of his actions with a long prison sentence which was duly handed down.
    I think the fact he didn't try and wriggle out of it or be arrogant and make up excuses made me feel that inside him for all his troubles and crimes was a person who would have benefitted so much if he had had a decent childhood.
    I think its appropriate he got a long sentence and deserved but I also hope he gets help while he is inside.
    I guess the victim just didn't tug at my heartstrings as much i felt sorry for him that it happened but I felt a bit meh towards him anyway.
    I'm just giving my own opinion im not for one minute saying I'm right and any other opinions are wrong. Its just how I felt viewing a TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭griffin100

Jesus this weeks episode was very sad. That’s all I’ll say so I don’t spoil it, well worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

griffin100 wrote: »
    Jesus this weeks episode was very sad. That’s all I’ll say so I don’t spoil it, well worth watching.

Beggers belief how he managed to last that long on his own but could of been much worse like the poor guy in this article...26 years!!!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/i-feel-like-days-theres-11810815

Oh my god this weeks episode is so unbelievably sad. That poor man. I can't even comprehend how all that happened.
    Jesus there's no words

Oh my god this weeks episode is so unbelievably sad. That poor man. I can't even comprehend how all that happened.
    Jesus there's no words

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

griffin100 wrote: »

I remember when it was on the news, absolutely mad stuff to be happening in such an advanced country

c.p.w.g.w wrote:
    I remember when it was on the news, absolutely mad stuff to be happening in such an advanced country

I know its such a cruel form of abuse. That poor guy must have suffered so much mentally. But also to have survived shows how tough he is. I hope he has managed to build a better life for himself now. He really deserves a happy ever after.
    I really like the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

bertsmom wrote: »
    Jesus there's no words
    Pretty shocking.
    he just seemed so damaged and fragile, no idea how he managed to survive for so long sleeping rough

If anyone is looking for another show to watch the BBC have one called "The Detectives fighting organized crime" and it is terrific, two episodes on iPlayer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

Christ almighty, that poor man. His face looked in bits

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

dobman88 wrote:
    Christ almighty, that poor man. His face looked in bits

I have a bad feeling about this one. That poor bloke. I'm glad the detective sees through your one's act.

I'm afraid to Google your one's name to see what happened.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    I have a bad feeling about this one. That poor bloke. I'm glad the detective sees through your one's act.

I'm afraid to Google your one's name to see what happened.

Yeah I said to the missus after the opening scene I'm expecting her to kill him

Don't want to Google it until after

Gutted. An all too familiar story of a victim protecting the abuser through a mixture of blind love and fear. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Absolute ridiculous sentence....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

I honestly don't know what to say after watching that. That poor man.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

dobman88 wrote:
    Gutted. An all too familiar story of a victim protecting the abuser through a mixture of blind love and fear. RIP

And yet he had been brave enough to get some info on refuges. I found that terribly sad. He was trying to get himself out of it. That poor man. It must be so frustrating for the police. OK they may not have been able to prove her blows caused him to die but she was responsible for his death. Sentence a disgrace.

spurious wrote: »
    And yet he had been brave enough to get some info on refuges. I found that terribly sad. He was trying to get himself out of it. That poor man. It must be so frustrating for the police. OK they may not have been able to prove her blows caused him to die but she was responsible for his death. Sentence a disgrace.

Yeah the piece where they pulled the information leaflet out of his belongings. A tough watch knowing he was on his way out of harm. Yer wan not giving a ****e. A nasty piece of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Desperately sad , the poor man , RIP Paul .
    Vile piece of work she is .
    No reaction, no remorse when being questioned .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Vile evil woman, will meet her match one day

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I cant help thinking that if the genders were reversed in this case it would have been far longer than 16 months.

It really was a difficult watch.

"Where do you want to go?

Heaven.

Devon?

I said heaven."

Awful story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

anyone know why the previous seasons of this aren't on 4OD?

• Advertisement

Well that was heartbreaking.
    This season especially has been fantastic I have to say.

That sentence.....FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Turn that around and put the man as the woman, he would never see the light of day for at least I'd say 20 years....

What a piece of filth she was, sadist, she knew damn well how to play it, poor her, only a woman she couldn't do anything wrong or hurt a fly....

She was even smart enough to wash everything she wore......

That sentence was absolutely disgusting and an insult to the dead man... Judges should be ashamed of themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

gmisk wrote: »
    Well that was heartbreaking.
    This season especially has been fantastic I have to say.

That sentence.....FFS!

To see him in the hospital bed , saying it wasn't her , to him saying yes he'd like help , was heartbreaking as you knew he knew that he needed to get as far away as possible from her .
    Think last night was the most powerful and emotional episode yet , imo .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Treppen

Kind of in the same vein as last week with the guy going into 5 years hiding in the woods after being physically abused by the other guy.

She should have been given life for murder, but I can see why they couldn't link the head trauma to the great attack.

At a stretch she should have gotten done for the GBH with intent.

CCTV in the UK solves a lot of crime though, not sure if I'd like that level over here though!

BPKS wrote: »
    I cant help thinking that if the genders were reversed in this case it would have been far longer than 16 months.

It really was a difficult watch.

"Where do you want to go?

Heaven.

Devon?

I said heaven."

Awful story.
    Totally agree, the sentence from the other assault was a joke as well

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Treppen wrote: »
    Ya she should have been given life for murder, but I can see why they couldn't link the head trauma to the great attack.

CCTV in the UK solves a lot of crime though, not sure if I'd like that level over here though!

Many CCTV around here but more so private such as dash cams, door bell cams, businesses etc..... Street cams I see no harm to be honest once used to cut crime and instances such as this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Got away with it based on gender, disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Poor lad got his wish in the end wanting to go to heaven. Very sad RIP

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Treppen wrote: »
    Kind of in the same vein as last week with the guy going into 5 years hiding in the woods after being physically abused by the other guy.

She should have been given life for murder, but I can see why they couldn't link the head trauma to the great attack.

Exactly , I also watched the detectives on BBC about the Manchester Murder , The entire case was built on Phone Data and CCTV , They were able to prove all sorts of connections and several guys got significant jail time ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

New series starts Monday at 9pm.

Advertisement