Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike import from europe

Options
  • 19-02-2018 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

This is my first post on Boards. I had a quick search of the forum and found some threads related to my query but found no answers - some of the threads were also very old.

I am looking for a nice 90's/00's sport bike (TZR 125 / CBR 250 or 400 / Aprilia RS....etc)
    I found a few nice examples in Europe - found nothing in Ireland that would be as clean as I am looking for.
    Looking for advice on transport and VRT.

Can anyone recommend a door to door delivery service? I know about overlanders and such companies that provide a depot to depot service but I would prefer a hauler that could collect directly from the dealer. All options considered though.

Also how do I go about sorting the VRT on a bike imported from Europe (german / Austria etc). I have bought bikes and cars in UK but nothing in the last 5 yrs, so looking for a guideline on how the system works now?

Seen bikes on Autoscout24 website. Any other good professional websites anyone knows of?

Any input will be appreciated. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭Goose81

Racer21 wrote: »
    Hi All,

This is my first post on Boards. I had a quick search of the forum and found some threads related to my query but found no answers - some of the threads were also very old.

I am looking for a nice 90's/00's sport bike (TZR 125 / CBR 250 or 400 / Aprilia RS....etc)
    I found a few nice examples in Europe - found nothing in Ireland that would be as clean as I am looking for.
    Looking for advice on transport and VRT.

Can anyone recommend a door to door delivery service? I know about overlanders and such companies that provide a depot to depot service but I would prefer a hauler that could collect directly from the dealer. All options considered though.

Also how do I go about sorting the VRT on a bike imported from Europe (german / Austria etc). I have bought bikes and cars in UK but nothing in the last 5 yrs, so looking for a guideline on how the system works now?

Seen bikes on Autoscout24 website. Any other good professional websites anyone knows of?

Any input will be appreciated. Cheers

Ted's trucking is a good company.

Go through my threads on here there is one that explains vrt from a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 18,989 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

VRT is the same no matter where you import from, get the full registration document and book an inspection with the NCTS for the VRT. You'll pay VAT if the bike is <6 months old or has <6k km and you pay duty if importing from outside the EU.

I can see Germany and France getting a lot more interest from Irish bikers looking for a deal in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Autoscout 24 is a handy app for searching Europe to give you an idea of what's out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Racer21

Thanks for the replies folks.

Advertisement