Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time self employed

Options
  • 19-02-2018 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, 
    Im looking for some pointers on potential work i can complete in my spare time. I am now in full time Paye employment after being self employed for a number of years. My previous employer had expressed an interest in me completing some works for him in the evenings. Can i earn my paye income and then complete a end of year return for some consultancy i could potentially complete for my previous employer and others?.  Do i need to make revenue aware of my intentions of doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Yes you can earn money this way, but it is taxed as income. You will have to file a return at the end of the year and pay your tax on it.

Advertisement