Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub for Ireland rugby match?

Options
  • 19-02-2018 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi, anyone give any recommendations of a pub to watch the rugby this saturday?
    9 of us travelling up to galway for the weekend.
    Dont want to go to any of the normal spots ie the dail the quays etc.
    Nice local pub would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Murty Rabbits are the connacht clan, the connacht rugby supporter's club bar they'll have it on. Nice atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Murty Rabbits are the connacht clan, the connacht rugby supporter's club bar they'll have it on. Nice atmosphere

Where is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

md323 wrote: »
    Where is that?

If you are walking from the new bus station (the one for gobus and citylink) to Eyre Square it's the first pub on your right

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Fantastic pub

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Fantastic pub

Is it? Tell us more.

• Advertisement

Freeney's or Garavan's are proper locals and will be great for the match, you would want to be in early though to get a good spot as they will be busy.

Murty Rabbits is also a good shout, nice pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

You could try O'Connolls on Eyre Square.
    Its fills up fast but has space out the back.

Freeney's or Garavan's are proper locals and will be great for the match, you would want to be in early though to get a good spot as they will be busy.

Murty Rabbits is also a good shout, nice pub.

Do garavans have a big screen? Was in there before, only saw small screens?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

For some major games like hurling final I have seen a big screen over the stage but most likely they will just use the regular TV sets

Nm, got Garavans and Garveys mixed up

md323 wrote: »
    Do garavans have a big screen? Was in there before, only saw small screens?

No just moderate sized screens, no projectors. The quailty of projectors are awful in most places imo so qood quality tvs are better once you are well positioned. As I said you will need to be in early to get a good seat in front of a screen, I'd be aiming for being seated with pint in hand by 12 at the latest.

• Advertisement

No just moderate sized screens, no projectors. The quailty of projectors are awful in most places imo so qood quality tvs are better once you are well positioned. As I said you will need to be in early to get a good seat in front of a screen, I'd be aiming for being seated with pint in hand by 12 at the latest.

Plan is to be in the pub for 12!!
    9 of us together

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jam83

Dew drop is a great spot for the 6 nations. You can see a TV from everywhere

In murty rabbits, good spot

Advertisement