Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm installer and wiring ability.

Options
  • 20-02-2018 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to get a new alarm installed. In the location where I want the alarm keypad, there is no mains connection. Is it reasonable to expect an alarm installer to be able to figure this out? or do I need an electrician also to run a cable to this point?

J

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

jon1981 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to get a new alarm installed. In the location where I want the alarm keypad, there is no mains connection. Is it reasonable to expect an alarm installer to be able to figure this out? or do I need an electrician also to run a cable to this point?

You could simply get the alarm installer to install a wireless keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Keypads do not need mains, mains goes to the brains of the system, that is the control panel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

jon1981 wrote: »
    Hi,

J

Most good installers would be well able to do this for you. As long as you dont get one of the new lads that will reply " Ehh we only do wireless :)
    Mains is not required .

Advertisement