Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Free" Flight to various European destinations but..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Juliet87

okidoki987 wrote: »
    It's great to see all these posters coming back into the community!
    ;)

Examples:
    Juliet87: member since 2009, last post before this thread 3 years 8 months ago.
    paulvbyrne: member since 2008, 1 post before this thread and that was 9 years 3 months ago.
    laracianna: member since 2009, 1st post on the thread for 8 years 7 months.
    PhilomenaJude: member since 2007, last post 10 years and 6 months ago.

HAHA, thanks for the mention!!!
    I am one of them people that reads and digests the content before posting anything related to my enquiry. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

As this thread has been revived and i cant be bothered to start a new one- did anyone get free flights on this ? I got a similarfree flight offer from Flogas and its with the same operator . Have sent in 3 destinations with 3 MONTHS as specific time frame with €99 for 2nd traveller .........it has bull**** written allover it but last year I got 2 tkts to Leopardstown races from Flogas which was used and delighted to get it so will be letting them know if this one is a series of hoops to jump through to weed everyone out ...tks for feedback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Still waiting for my email back, good luck I’d say!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pnecilcaser

Here is a summary of my entire experience with this Avonmore free flight and Sweete saga. Spoiler alert, I decided not to take the free flight offer in the end.

http://frugalpersonalfinance.com/free-flight-europe-avonmore-sweete/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

The other thing thay catches you is that you must have booked within 30 days of getting the voucher. Resrictions, restrictions.

You are right to let avonmore know that all this left a sour taste in the mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

The other thing thay catches you is that you must have booked within 30 days of getting the voucher. Resrictions, restrictions.

You are right to let avonmore know that all this left a sour taste in the mouth.

I can’t understand why companies deal with Sweete and offer such poor offers. I won an annual cinema pass through centra and t&cs say I get one single cinema pass per month if and only if I call a Dublin number with a code between the 1st and 7th of the month. I didnt shop too often in centra prior to this but actively avoid it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

The article says there's a fee to cancel the flights but I didn't give any bank/card details when I applied for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pnecilcaser

Planemo wrote: »
    The article says there's a fee to cancel the flights but I didn't give any bank/card details when I applied for them?

They have your name, address and passport details if you take the flight offer and don't show up. While it would be more convenient for them to charge a no-show fee to your credit card they can still invoice you at your address and bring you to court if you refuse to pay. An extreme option I admit but still a possibility for Sweete.

Advertisement