Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 55PUS6272 55 Inch 4K UHD Ambilight Smart TV With HDR - €699 Argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

zaphodbeeb wrote: »
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7597901/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/Trail/searchtext%3EPHILIPS.htm

Philips 55PUS6272 55 Inch 4K UHD Ambilight Smart TV With HDR

Seems a fantastic deal. Apparently settings out of the box are poor but many online guides to setting it up seem to sort this completely.

Here's a review for the 50" model:

https://www.stuff.tv/philips/50pus6272/review

Some suggestions online that the 55" one uses a different display... can't say for sure but does seem like a good deal.

And Ambilight is a killer feature.

Seems to be available for 530 GBP on Argos UK and Amazon. Unfortunately, because they don't ship here they aren't an option. But always annoys me when the price is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Take a spin to the North?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    If it annoys you so much go and collect it or arrange a courier to collect it and drop it off to you or move to the uk

Lovely. Get up on the wrong side of the bed?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

LED marketing was a load of balls and now HDR, this set IS NOT 10bit HDR, it's traditional 8bit but "can handle" 10bit HDR.
    If you know about HDR then this will make sense, if not then look it up, you won't get true HDR at this price point so 4k BR and XBOne etc will not show their true capabilities

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    LED marketing was a load of balls and now HDR, this set IS NOT 10bit HDR, it's traditional 8bit but "can handle" 10bit HDR.
    If you know about HDR then this will make sense, if not then look it up, you won't get true HDR at this price point so 4k BR and XBOne etc will not show their true capabilities

most important aspects for HDR are good peak scene brightness (usually need good dimming) and contrast as without that 10-bit, dolby vision hdr etc can't be actually seen.

I'd rather have 8bit HDR on a set with decent peak scene brightness and contrast capability where you will still actually see the HDR effect than a tv that has all the software capability but not the physical capability to actually display the HDR effect (which is the case on a lot of low/mid-range sets these days)

even high-end tv's with UHD premium certification will be using 8-bit + FRC like this tv. they can accept 10 bit signals and show them with FRC but just not quite as good as true 10 bit. apparently it's actually quite hard to tell the difference in most cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

This thread is a prime example of why people dont bother to post in BA anymore...bickering and useless opinions...

Thanks OP...Its been previously on sale at €609.99 in Jan according to checkargos.com but still a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

cronos wrote: »
    Seems to be available for 530 GBP on Argos UK and Amazon. Unfortunately, because they don't ship here they aren't an option. But always annoys me when the price is different.

The 50" ships to Ireland, I got mine delivered a few weeks back.. check camelcamel, it drops a load if you're willing to wait until it does. Mine was €530 delivered for the 50"

£419 for 50"
    Https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Philips-50PUS6272-05-Ambilight-Freeview/product/B077M313WZ

cefh17 wrote: »
    The 50" ships to Ireland, I got mine delivered a few weeks back.. check camelcamel, it drops a load if you're willing to wait until it does. Mine was €530 delivered for the 50"

£419 for 50"
    [url]Https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Philips-50PUS6272-05-Ambilight-Freeview/product/B077M313WZ[/url]

Thanks. I went for this one instead as it suited my needs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Computer inputs on HDMI1
    • up to 4K UHD 3840x2160@30 Hz
    • up to FHD 1920x1080@60 Hz

Computer inputs on HDMI2/3
    • up to 4K UHD 3840x2160@60 Hz

Video inputs on HDMI1
    • up to 4K UHD 3840x2160@30 Hz
    • up to FHD 1920x1080@60 Hz

Video inputs on HDMI2/3
    • up to 4K UHD 3840x2160@60 Hz

Thanks. I went for this one instead as it suited my needs. :)

I had reserved the 55" in Argos and was fobbed off saying the reservation shouldn't have gone through, there was none in stock in the country etc, so I'm glad you went with Amazon instead :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

neacy69 wrote: »
    This thread is a prime example of why people dont bother to post in BA anymore...bickering and useless opinions...

Thanks OP...Its been previously on sale at €609.99 in Jan according to checkargos.com but still a decent price.

I had it reserved at that price in January, but it never came into stock. The system allowed online reservation but a reservation number was not included in the email. This time it has... Will I collect it at 700 🀔 thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Deckyalrite

Is it possible to get Irish Digital Tv on these, heading up North in the next week or two to grab the 50”, 3 sided ambilight for £419 is a no brainier for me.

Is it possible to get Irish Digital Tv on these, heading up North in the next week or two to grab the 50”, 3 sided ambilight for £419 is a no brainier for me.

Why not buy them on Amazon and have them shipped to you for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

Why not buy them on Amazon and have them shipped to you for free?

Check to see if they're on Saorview approved list.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Both the 50 and 55 PUS6272 are on the Saorview approved website.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭thevaper

I bought the 50 inch model from Amazon in January. All in all pretty good tv when you get the settings to your liking. but the smart tv option sucks. netflix is the only app i use, the others are meh. as for iptv forget it. Must admit though, I like the ambilight feature.
    4K content from Youtube looks great on it.

thevaper wrote: »
    I bought the 50 inch model from Amazon in January. All in all pretty good tv when you get the settings to your liking. but the smart tv option sucks. netflix is the only app i use, the others are meh. as for iptv forget it. Must admit though, I like the ambilight feature.
    4K content from Youtube looks great on it.

Are you able to load any other apps on it? I'll admit the app gallery is ****e, all I have is Russian and French apps, can't even get 4od.. so have to use an android box

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Is it possible to get Irish Digital Tv on these, heading up North in the next week or two to grab the 50â€, 3 sided ambilight for £419 is a no brainier for me.

Where is this? Any links?

Are you able to load any other apps on it? I'll admit the app gallery is ****e, all I have is Russian and French apps, can't even get 4od.. so have to use an android box

I tried looking online for tutorials on getting apps etc. but can't find anything. The browser, Opera, is so slow that i soon stopped using it. I think the tv may give a better experiance app wise if setup for the UK as the Freeveiw Replay would be usefull for some. I do like the TV but in hindsight if the app features was a dealbreaker i would have to choose an LG

thevaper wrote: »
    I tried looking online for tutorials on getting apps etc. but can't find anything. The browser, Opera, is so slow that i soon stopped using it. I think the tv may give a better experiance app wise if setup for the UK as the Freeveiw Replay would be usefull for some. I do like the TV but in hindsight if the app features was a dealbreaker i would have to choose an LG

The android box does me fine, but would be nice to have some of them available, any idea how to set it up for the UK?

• Advertisement

The android box does me fine, but would be nice to have some of them available, any idea how to set it up for the UK?

I imagine you would have to set the country as UK in the setup menu and use a vpn, thats assuming you can recieve freeview signal. I live close to the border so can recieve some of the UK channels but if I click on the freeview player it blocks me out

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I had reserved the 55" in Argos and was fobbed off saying the reservation shouldn't have gone through, there was none in stock in the country etc,

Same thing happened to me when I went to collect the €519 55" LG (also from Bargain Alerts) recently. I said that was not acceptable after my reservation had gone through. I was adamant to speak to a manager

Manager came over to me and offered me another 55" LG TV (with very similar specs and reviews) that retailed for €200 more, which I accepted after doing a quick google for reviews on my phone in the shop

Be assertive (but always polite). It pays off folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Mine has landed in Argos for collection, decision time... amazon have the 50" for 419 sterling. But the talk of poor smart tv functionality is putting me off.

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Mine has landed in Argos for collection, decision time... amazon have the 50" for 419 sterling. But the talk of poor smart tv functionality is putting me off.

Buy an nvidia shield. :)

Advertisement