Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteorite - Mullinavat?

Options
  • 20-02-2018 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

I kept meaning to post this but my laptop was in the repair shop and I can't be doing with boards on my phone.

Did anyone hear anything about a meteorite falling in the Mullinavat area last Thursday night? I was driving to Waterford on the M9 late in the evening and a quick but distinct flash of red and purple crossed over the motorway and disappeared into the countryside. It happened so quickly I couldn't focus on it but it was travelling sideways and not up like I'd expect a firework to fly, which was my first though - I know they can go off course but it just the one, at a late enough hour and didn't look like any firework I've ever seen. I've googled but haven't come across anything.

Advertisement