Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Means on wheels

Options
  • 20-02-2018 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Anybody know of a private service for meals on wheels other than the state sponsored one?

This is for an elderly relative living in the Bennettsbridge area. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Gangu wrote: »
    Anybody know of a private service for meals on wheels other than the state sponsored one?

This is for an elderly relative living in the Bennettsbridge area. Thanks

There is none as far as I know
    And while the Meals on Wheels is well intentioned , any time we trailed it for my mother did simply not seem fit for purpose
    he lunch can arrive very early in morning

everything is packed into the tinfoil holder and what might be a nice meal looks very un appetising

The food seems very salty, and often overdone in sauce or grave - not great for some one with medical conditions

I also seem to recall it being left at the door on occasion - great flag to show some one not home

I can only refer you to Wilshire Farms - they do a 1 day a week delivery to your home of frozen meals. the food looks more like ... a meal.. and big range, and desserts etc etc ... but some one has to heat it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Try the corner house in Bennetsbridge

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement