Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch to eir - static ip

Options
  • 20-02-2018 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi, thinking about move from VM to eir, because I have internet connection dropping all the time in VM and they don't do anything with my problem.

Yesterday I was chatting with EIR rep on their page, and they said only ip6 is available. Also cable fiber is available in my town Celbridge. My problem is, so far I was using ip4 and port forwarding for my home server, ipcamera etc without static ip. For update my hostname I'm using noip.com service.

Not sure if I can get the same results with ip6?
    Can ip6 works good with noip.com?
    If I can get statip IP on ip6, how can I use my server/ ipcameras etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Eir is dual stack IPv4/6 for NGA (efibre) and IPv4 for legacy.
    Sound like the CSR was confused..

So yes static IPv4 is available, static IPv6 is not (yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cry5t41

jd wrote: »
    Eir is dual stack IPv4/6 for NGA (efibre) and IPv4 for legacy.
    Sound like the CSR was confused..

So yes static IPv4 is available, static IPv6 is not (yet).
    Thank you for quick answer, so in this case I don't need to have static ip, I can use dynamical ip and use noip.com right? Is it extra cost to have statip IP (ip4)? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

cry5t41 wrote: »
    Hi, thinking about move from VM to eir, because I have internet connection dropping all the time in VM and they don't do anything with my problem.

Yesterday I was chatting with EIR rep on their page, and they said only ip6 is available. Also cable fiber is available in my town Celbridge. My problem is, so far I was using ip4 and port forwarding for my home server, ipcamera etc without static ip. For update my hostname I'm using noip.com service.

Hi cry5t41, 

We currently use a Dual Stack which enables both IPV4 and IPV6. This can be changed within the modem to just 4 if you wish, the support team on 1890 260 260 can assist you with this. 

We can also provide a static IP through 1800 203 204 but we wouldn't support past this I'm afraid. If you want to custom configure that involves port forwarding/servers and we don't support this.  This would be set up and maintained by yourself. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi cry5t41, 

We currently use a Dual Stack which enables both IPV4 and IPV6. This can be changed within the modem to just 4 if you wish, the support team on 1890 260 260 can assist you with this. 

We can also provide a static IP through 1800 203 204 but we wouldn't support past this I'm afraid. If you want to custom configure that involves port forwarding/servers and we don't support this.  This would be set up and maintained by yourself. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracy
    This is custom configure by myself is it OK for. I was asking that I can do that. Thank you very much for this information.

Regards

Hi cry5t41, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracy
    This is custom configure by myself is it OK for me. I was asking that I can do that. Thank you very much for this information.

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi cry5t41, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracy
    This is custom configure by myself is it OK for me. I was asking that I can do that. Thank you very much for this information.

Regards
    No problem at all. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement