Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best PSP GO games?

Options
  • 20-02-2018 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Hi all, so I'm loving my Switch, have it with me all the time. Love playing all sorts on it.

But I totally forgot I also have a PSO Go in a drawer that I could be using also. Is there any particularly great games I should add to it? Platform, puzzle, mini, shooters, etc.

I think my limit on the go is 16gb if I remember correctly, so only the best of the best will go on it.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just install custom firmware and then transfer your PS1 game collection onto it.
    I've the likes of Need for Speed 1,3 and Road Challenge as well as Road Rash and Crash Bandicoot on mine.
    Not to mention homebrew.
    Also, there's a free copy of Cave Story for the console, completely legit.

For PSP titles I'd say the likes of Locoroco and Darius Burst are must haves, as well as Ridge Racer 2 and the two Wipeout games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Thanks man!

Yeah I've softmodded it, gonna look for some proper hidden gems for it. It's such a neat console. Don't really wanna use emulators on it though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The PSone games run without emulation, the work within the shell that Sony used for their own PS games on the PSP. It means a little work for you to convert a PS game into one the PSP will play but it's a great way to play PS games, so many great ones!
    Wipeout 2097, F197, Roll cage stage 2.

I'm having a problem with my psp slim 2001 and PS1 games. They have always ran with no problems on other psp's.

But with this one, corrupted data, every time. Put the .pbp in every folder imaginable.

They run fine on the psp Go so I've no idea what's going on with my other psp slim. Was pulling my hair out last night trying to find a fix with no luck.

Any advice on this?

Update the cfw?

• Advertisement

Yeah everything is up-to-date on the system.

I'm a Thick!

Turns out, I have to put a folder with the name of the PS1 game on it into the GAME folder, then put the EBOOT file in there ALONG with the picture of the game named the SAME as the folder name. So. PSP/GAME/R-TYPES/EBOOT... & R-TYPES.jpg

God that was frustrating!
    Not clear anymore on where to put the PBP files now.

Ive modded my PSP's before but this time round, was different. I used to just put PS1 games in the ISO folder and they just worked.

Anyway, its sorted now.
    Thanks for the help Cider!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you are getting ps1 games get the us versions. The PAL European versions are greatly inferior.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Much better library in the US catalogue many rpg games that never came out here for PS1 one of the best psp games to download would be Persona 3 it is epic.

US versions it is.

I'm on a Shmups buzz atm. Loads on the PS1 and they look great on the psp.

Sadly, I don't have the patience for RPGs. Just don't hold my attention long enough. I did DL FF7 though, so I'll give that a go at some point.

Is there any poatformer 'hidden gems' on the PS1 and PSP?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

For Shmups on PS1 I'd go for G-Darius, einhander and R-type Delta.

Gunners Heaven is worth a go as well. It's a poor mans Gunstar Heroes but still a great games.

As for platformers you can't go wrong with Klonoa, Tomba! and Adventures of Little Ralph.

Deadly thanks! I'll have a look at those. Love G-Darius and Einhander. Playing those over the past couple days

Advertisement