Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom hassling for money for modem they will not collect

Options
  • 20-02-2018 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

I closed account last year due to price increases. 14th November.

At no point was I advised by anyone (over the phone or live chat) that I should return modem. Final bill for €45 odd arrives. I arranged a pickup of the modem (lovingly packed) via nightline 26th Jan ref P5676287

Have called nightline three or four times and have done a live chat twice to get this sorted to no avail.

I sensibly cancelled SEPA direct debit (as I would advise any Eir customer existing or past to do, they can't be trusted). Dunning and debt collection threats are coming thick and fast now.

Should I start charging storage fees on the modem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

woejus wrote: »

At no point was I advised by anyone (over the phone or live chat) that I should return modem. Final bill for €45 odd arrives. I arranged a pickup of the modem (lovingly packed) via nightline 26th Jan ref P5676287

Have called nightline three or four times and have done a live chat twice to get this sorted to no avail.

I sensibly cancelled SEPA direct debit (as I would advise any Eir customer existing or past to do, they can't be trusted). Dunning and debt collection threats are coming thick and fast now.

Hi woejus,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

If you would like to return your equipment via Nightline or Parcel Motel, please visit nightline-delivers.com/eir to log the collection.

Please ensure you have packaged all items into a suitable parcel or box and secure the barcode provided to you by Nightline on to the parcel.

If you would like to return your equipment by Freepost, Simply package all items into a suitable parcel box, and attach the pre-printed labels included with your eir letter to the outside of the parcel.

Drop the parcel to a local Post Office. It’s free to return once the labels are attached. eir recommends you ask for a Post Office receipt for your own records.

Once the parcel is returned within 30 days, you will not be charged for the equipment.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Hi woejus,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

If you would like to return your equipment via Nightline or Parcel Motel, please visit nightline-delivers.com/eir to log the collection.

Please ensure you have packaged all items into a suitable parcel or box and secure the barcode provided to you by Nightline on to the parcel.

If you would like to return your equipment by Freepost, Simply package all items into a suitable parcel box, and attach the pre-printed labels included with your eir letter to the outside of the parcel.

Drop the parcel to a local Post Office. It’s free to return once the labels are attached. eir recommends you ask for a Post Office receipt for your own records.

Once the parcel is returned within 30 days, you will not be charged for the equipment.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas

This is the issue - the box has been ready for collection since 26th January. Please can you do the needful to get it collected. Nightline reference is P5676287 - I don't have the time to be calling Nightline to arrange a collection again, I've called them three times to arrange, it never gets collected.

The 30 day period is moot now as I was never informed via phone or live chat when I cancelled. The delays are on your side.

Hi woejus,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas

This is the issue - the box has been ready for collection since 26th January. Please can you do the needful to get it collected. Nightline reference is P5676287 - I don't have the time to be calling Nightline to arrange a collection again, I've called them three times to arrange, it never gets collected.

The 30 day period is moot now as I was never informed via phone or live chat when I cancelled. The delays are on your side.
    I have escalated this on to Nightline and I will contact you as soon as I have an update.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Why even look for these routers back? I’d imagine it’d cost eircom more logistically to have these returned than to write them off. There’s nothing on your site that suggests routers are refurbished so what happens to these routers when they are returned?

Why even look for these routers back? I’d imagine it’d cost eircom more logistically to have these returned than to write them off. There’s nothing on your site that suggests routers are refurbished so what happens to these routers when they are returned?
    It is a requirement that we receive the modem back. 

Unfortunately, I do not have an answer to that question.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement

Day 2 : Box uncollected 

Bill increased from €43.48 to €61.93 - can't find out what that increase is for, as the account has been closed and bills are inaccessible via myeir portal. 

Good thing I cancelled that SEPA DD - I recommend all customers of Eir past and present do the same, they just can't be trusted.

Bill increased from €43.48 to €61.93 - can't find out what that increase is for, as the account has been closed and bills are inaccessible via myeir portal. 

Good thing I cancelled that SEPA DD - I recommend all customers of Eir past and present do the same, they just can't be trusted.
    I have sent an email to nightline on your behalf and they advised me it would have been collected yesterday.

I have resent my request to have it collected again.

You could try contacting them yourself, please see all info on the link below

http://www.nightline.ie/support/

Thanks 

Thomas

I have sent an email to nightline on your behalf and they advised me it would have been collected yesterday.

Thanks 

Thomas
    Hi Thomas

I think I've done enough as shown above. If Eir want the modem back, it's there to be collected. There is CCTV on the box and hallway it is in, so I can prove any "attempted collections".

Any idea why the bill has gone up to €61.93? Not that I'll be paying it. This is a really scammy policy introduced by some be-suited MBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I just brought it to the post office with the label on it they emailed me. No hassle. Why should they collect it for you?

Thanks 

Thomas
    Hi Thomas

I think I've done enough as shown above. If Eir want the modem back, it's there to be collected. There is CCTV on the box and hallway it is in, so I can prove any "attempted collections".

Any idea why the bill has gone up to €61.93? Not that I'll be paying it. This is a really scammy policy introduced by some be-suited MBA.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have been advised by nightline via email "Residence not in on the 21/02/18"[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This collection has been rescheduled for today.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thomas[/font]

• Advertisement

Thanks 

Thomas
    Hi Thomas

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have been advised by nightline via email "Residence not in on the 21/02/18"[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This collection has been rescheduled for today.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thomas[/font]
    Hi Thomas,

It's been collected now, thanks for your help with everything. Please can you make sure account is closed and zero-ed as I don't want any more correspondence. 

whelan2 - they offer that service on their website. I wouldn't be hassling them otherwise, only this stipulation to return the equipment was never mentioned on the phone or live chat when cancelling. Much in the same way their "unlimited" broadband is actually limited, and you'll get charged €100 for going over, another reason for cancelling.

Eir Equipment Returns

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial][font=GT-Walsheim-Bold, "Arial Bold"]You can return your equipment by:[/font][/font]
    • Dropping it to a Parcel Motel
    • Nightline courier pickup
    • Nightline depot drop
    • Freepost

Hi Thomas

Hassling text and email in at 01:18 this morning, woke me up. Now looking for €43.48 again.

Please can you confirm receipt of modem whenever they get it - I have pictures of it before I packed it up, and it was very well packaged in bubblewrap.

Please then zero and close my account, deleting and removing all contact methods. I'll PM you the account but I'd say you can get it from Nightline reference, my account ends with 1922.

Thanks!

Hi Thomas

Hassling text and email in at 01:18 this morning, woke me up. Now looking for €43.48 again.

Please can you confirm receipt of modem whenever they get it - I have pictures of it before I packed it up, and it was very well packaged in bubblewrap.

Please then zero and close my account, deleting and removing all contact methods. I'll PM you the account but I'd say you can get it from Nightline reference, my account ends with 1922.

Thanks!
    Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Hi Thomas

Text message at 9.02am this morning and email at 1am this morning telling me I owe eir money still. The billing randomiser says...€18.45 this time.

Please let me know how I can stop these coming in.

Thanks for your help!

Again, as a PSA to all readers, if you are an Eir customer past or current, cancel your DD now and pay the bills manually. Small effort for peace of mind when dealing with a company that cannot be trusted with your bank details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Thomas

Text message at 9.02am this morning and email at 1am this morning telling me I owe eir money still. The billing randomiser says...€18.45 this time.

Thanks for your help!

Again, as a PSA to all readers, if you are an Eir customer past or current, cancel your DD now and pay the bills manually. Small effort for peace of mind when dealing with a company that cannot be trusted with your bank details.

Hi woejus, 

I'm afraid Thomas is not in today.

I've got your account details from when you sent them previously. I have waived this from your account and removed all your contact details from the account also so you should receive no further correspondence from us. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Thomas

Thanks for your help!

Hi woejus, 

I've got your account details from when you sent them previously. I have waived this from your account and removed all your contact details from the account also so you should receive no further correspondence from us. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Guess who's back, back again - it's Eircom looking for... €18.45 this time. Email sent at 23.01 last night.

Please could you see what other personal data of mine is left and delete that too?

As you can see readers, Eir cannot be trusted with your data, if you are an Eir customer past or current, cancel your DD now and pay the bills manually. Small effort for peace of mind when dealing with a company that cannot be trusted with your bank details.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭tobdom

They don't have long to get their act together with regards to your demand relating to YOUR personal data...... GDPR enforcement approach fast, 25th May!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Thomas

Thanks for your help!

Hi woejus, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Guess who's back, back again - it's Eircom looking for... €18.45 this time. Email sent at 23.01 last night.

Please could you see what other personal data of mine is left and delete that too?

As you can see readers, Eir cannot be trusted with your data, if you are an Eir customer past or current, cancel your DD now and pay the bills manually. Small effort for peace of mind when dealing with a company that cannot be trusted with your bank details.
    Hi woejus, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

All your details have been removed and all money has been waived for you. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

OP: Have you informed them of your modem storage fee yet?
    If not, I suggest you send an invoice.

Bill for €0.0 received today. I thought my details had been deleted?

• Advertisement

Bill for €0.0 received today. I thought my details had been deleted?
    Hi woejus ,

that would be the final bill to indicate that the balance is now €0.00.

You will receive no further correspondence regarding that account.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement