Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer ban

Options
  • 20-02-2018 1:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭

I have been banned from the soccer forum 4 days after being accepted to join it for posting light hearted humour in the early hours of the morning to pass away the time on night shift.

Apparently I was given a ‘warning’ not to post on the Man United for at least 48 hours (a message I didn’t see for 10mins after posting again) because it wasn’t private mailed to me.

I tried clearing it up with a mod who has advised me post here, we didn’t argue just a difference of opinion.

I find it very harsh to receive a ban for a) What I said, light hearted humour, no trolling (in my opinion) no personal insults or attacks & b) surely it’s the duty of the mod to make sure I see the warning by sending a private mail?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭JoshRosen

Forget about it then. Never mind.

I understand everyone can be busy but there’s surely a mod been on here able to reply the last 6 hours.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please read the process set out at the head of the forum. It is Category Moderators that deal with disputes here. One if them issued your ban and another is not currently available. We do not expect mods and CMods to be online 24/7. Please give it a day or two. If the remaining Sports CMod has not had a chance to deal with your appeal I will have a look at it (as I was a Sports CMod previously) and another Admin can review that if necessary

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi JoshRogen,

I'll give this a look over the next day or two if you still want to appeal.

Yes, of course. Thanks.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ok, can you explain the intention of the "fun facts" you were posting in the United thread that evening?

The card and subsequent ban was a result of you ignoring the below post by a mod:
    Turtwig wrote: »
    JoshRosen wrote: »
    Except for those who reply. Salty aren’t you. Why? It’s the best night of Manchester United’s season so far.

Don't post in this thread again.
    (For at least 48 hours)

Do you maintain that you didn't see this? It was posted 2 minutes or so after the post you replied to.

• Advertisement

It was light hearted humour. It’s 100% fact aswell that Will Grigg has scored more against the top 6 this season than Lukaku. How can a statement of actual fact, about goals scored merit a ban on the thread for 48 hours?

I genuinely didn’t see the ban, that’s being honest. As I said, I was on the night shift & traffic on that thread is heavy at the best of times let alone on a night with a shock result like the one that happened in Wigan.

I only seen the ban when I posted the following morning & it was quoted on my post. I then didn’t even know he was a mod because I’m still coming up to speed with the site, I clicked on his profile & it only gave options to write a message, see his posts or block him along with the date he registered & his last online time.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ok, can you explain the intention of the "fun facts" you were posting in the United thread that evening?

The card and subsequent ban was a result of you ignoring the below post by a mod:

Do you maintain that you didn't see this? It was posted 2 minutes or so after the post you replied to.

Also did you see his reply to that post to me? Come on, the posts on that thread all around my comment was blatant trolling to City (which I have no problem about, it’s a Man United thread & it’s good humour) was I supposed to just ignore him in his reply?

No one can deny, that was on of the best nights of United’s season, even hardcore United fans don’t have the blinkers on in regards that statement.

4 days now. Gotten no further than the first day. Forget about it. I’m deleting the account anyways. Stupid p*ick of a ban will be up before any of ye who are supposed to be moderating this thread will reply.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You trolled the United thread

You were instructed not to post again in the thread for 48 hours

You ignored that mod instruction

You then received a red card - that's an automatic 2 week ban under the Soccer Forum charter

Given your impatience and derogatory comments about the process, I'm stepping in here and upholding the ban, as there's little point in a CMod wasting any more time on your appeal

Beasty wrote: »
    You trolled the United thread

You were instructed not to post again in the thread for 48 hours

You ignored that mod instruction

You then received a red card - that's an automatic 2 week ban under the Soccer Forum charter

Given your impatience and derogatory comments about the process, I'm stepping in here and upholding the ban, as there's little point in a CMod wasting any more time on your appeal

Step in, & then stick it up your arse.

• Advertisement

1 month site-ban for personal abuse, both here and via PM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement