Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa debit card

Options
  • 20-02-2018 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I noticed a transaction yesterday morning on my account that I hadn't authorised and rang Banking 365. They told me as payment was pending it could be an error and to wait until today. I felt uneasy about this so kept an eye on the account and a second transaction came out of my account. I rang again and was put through to card security who told me it looks like my card has been compromised and it's now cancelled. I was also told someone from card security would contact me by close of business today to resolve the matter, but soon after I received an e-mail stating I would be contacted in the next 5 days with an update. Can you tell me which it is and when can I expect to be refunded money for the 2 fraudulent transactions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

lovemylife wrote: »
    Hi, I noticed a transaction yesterday morning on my account that I hadn't authorised and rang Banking 365. They told me as payment was pending it could be an error and to wait until today. I felt uneasy about this so kept an eye on the account and a second transaction came out of my account. I rang again and was put through to card security who told me it looks like my card has been compromised and it's now cancelled. I was also told someone from card security would contact me by close of business today to resolve the matter, but soon after I received an e-mail stating I would be contacted in the next 5 days with an update. Can you tell me which it is and when can I expect to be refunded money for the 2 fraudulent transactions.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

The time frame can change for an update depending on the transaction that needs to be investigated. Please be assured that you'll be contacted as soon as our security team have an update on this for you.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lovemylife

Hi there,

The time frame can change for an update depending on the transaction that needs to be investigated. Please be assured that you'll be contacted as soon as our security team have an update on this for you.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

That doesn't answer my question Darren. How soon can I expect the funds back in my account?

Hi there,

Thanks again,
    Darren.

That doesn't answer my question Darren. How soon can I expect the funds back in my account?

Sorry that you're unhappy with the answer, but as the time frame can vary depending on the investigation I can't give you a time frame on this. But please be assured that you'll be contacted directly by our security department as soon as they have an update on this case.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lovemylife

Sorry that you're unhappy with the answer, but as the time frame can vary depending on the investigation I can't give you a time frame on this. But please be assured that you'll be contacted directly by our security department as soon as they have an update on this case.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Received a text from card security that the money has been refunded and will be in my account within 2 days. Really appreciate the prompt action and refund.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Received a text from card security that the money has been refunded and will be in my account within 2 days. Really appreciate the prompt action and refund.

Brilliant, thanks for letting us know. Hope you have a good day.
    Darren.

• Advertisement
Advertisement