Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Worldwide Handicap System

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    It all depends on when how many times you clicked resend verification. If you hit it 3 times you need to wait for the 3rd email etc. At least that's what I gather from here and some fb groups
    And all the impatient feckers who kept clicking the verify button have now clogged up the server with thousands of verification emails to be sent out. The verify count keeps going up exponentially with each email sent. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Walter Alright

Stuck myself too.

Got the verification email, click on it, brings me to the sign up screen, click the log in button, enter id and password, brings me to another screen saying "complete the process by clicking on the verify link"

Very confused

Yes, that’s exactly the same with me. Head wrecking!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

It all depends on when how many times you clicked resend verification. If you hit it 3 times you need to wait for the 3rd email etc. At least that's what I gather from here and some fb groups

Thanks, I had pressed it once, so will wait for the second mail to arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 11 4 Putt

Sorry if this question was asked already,

Login today to see my handicap and out of my last 20 qualifying scores, I only have one from this year??

I have 6 unprocessed away scores from this year on Golfnet(5 different courses) plus another few home scores which are showing up on golfnet but are not coming up on the new handicap system as any of my last 20 scores..

Will they come over at this stage or is there a problem with the clubs system???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

4 Putt wrote: »
    Sorry if this question was asked already,

Login today to see my handicap and out of my last 20 qualifying scores, I only have one from this year??

I have 6 unprocessed away scores from this year on Golfnet(5 different courses) plus another few home scores which are showing up on golfnet but are not coming up on the new handicap system as any of my last 20 scores..

Will they come over at this stage or is there a problem with the clubs system???
    Lots of similar reports

Wait till Monday and if still same then go to handicap secretary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭wonga77

Stuck myself too.

Got the verification email, click on it, brings me to the sign up screen, click the log in button, enter id and password, brings me to another screen saying "complete the process by clicking on the verify link"

Very confused

Same as that. Clicked it twice, neither link works to verify it and I get the same message as you. Its a pain in the ass

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

As above

Yes, that’s exactly the same with me. Head wrecking!

I got a second email & that allowed me in.

My handicap increased to 15.6 from 15.4

Sure seems good once you get in.

Looks like this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Yes, only when the final email comes in will it work. In other words don't keep clicking the resend tab. Register once and patiently wait for the email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Nope. I clicked it three times. It got me nowhere, then I was on here and someone said it took ten minutes for them to receive theirs.
    By the time I checked my mail, I had 2 of them, clicked through on the second mail and got registered.
    Third verification came after that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

prawnsambo wrote: »
    And all the impatient feckers who kept clicking the verify button have now clogged up the server with thousands of verification emails to be sent out. The verify count keeps going up exponentially with each email sent. :D

That’s rather unfair. It is quite normal to expect that when you click to register on a site and you don’t get the verification mail, to redo it.
    Most systems e-mails like this are immediate.
    So maybe something went wrong, it didn’t register my click, I better click again.
    Fault lies with the site, not the impatient users.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Seve OB wrote: »
    9.9*129/113=11.30

In the post you qouted, you gave your current handicap as 10.4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭padmcv

Finally got in :)
    A number of scores incorrect & all score differentials calculated incorrectly :(

padmcv wrote: »
    Finally got in :)
    A number of scores incorrect & all score differentials calculated incorrectly :(
    Are you sure of that? I've looked at hundreds at this stage and stopped checking as there were no internal issues with the system. This isn't a 'new' system. It's been in use in a number of countries that use the slope rating system for years.

Are you sure of that? I've looked at hundreds at this stage and stopped checking as there were no internal issues with the system. This isn't a 'new' system. It's been in use in a number of countries that use the slope rating system for years.

Pretty sure, example of one attached. The differential is 2 off.

Seve OB wrote: »
    That’s rather unfair. It is quite normal to expect that when you click to register on a site and you don’t get the verification mail, to redo it.
    Most systems e-mails like this are immediate.
    So maybe something went wrong, it didn’t register my click, I better click again.
    Fault lies with the site, not the impatient users.
    It's clearly not for general release yet. I doubt very much that we should be getting confirmation emails from a NZ email address. I know dotgolf is a NZ company, but you'd expect the host site to be running its own email verification system. I was very early in to mine and the verification email came within a minute. People have obviously been hammering an email server that may have a security limit on the number of emails that it can send in a given period.

Pretty sure, example of one attached. The differential is 2 off.
    Yeah. I'm calculating that at 20.6. Odd. Are they all out like that?

Edit: Just checked a few of mine and they are all spot on.

Yeah. I'm calculating that at 20.6. Odd. Are they all out like that?

Edit: Just checked a few of mine and they are all spot on.

Yeah, all 2 out. Looks like an adjustment has been applied (just guessing). I'll wait until Monday and then see what it looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭blue note

I can't get in at all. I never logged into golfnet, but i don't know if that is a problem.

My guess is that I don't have the right PIN. The pro shop couldn't find my card so I had it reissued. They were able to find the new one. Or.... might they have found the old one which would have a different pin on it?

Anyway, hdid issued a notification to say they they'll be down for updates until Monday afternoon. I'll find out my new index then.

• Advertisement

Yeah, all 2 out. Looks like an adjustment has been applied (just guessing). I'll wait until Monday and then see what it looks like
    Yeah. That sounds right. I remember seeing one of ours with an adjustment on it. The adjustment ran for about 20 scores and then dropped off for their last four or five. So could have been an ESR or similar. Not sure if that will show on your end, there are more columns on the admin side.

blue note wrote: »
    I can't get in at all. I never logged into golfnet, but i don't know if that is a problem.

My guess is that I don't have the right PIN. The pro shop couldn't find my card so I had it reissued. They were able to find the new one. Or.... might they have found the old one which would have a different pin on it?

Anyway, hdid issued a notification to say they they'll be down for updates until Monday afternoon. I'll find out my new index then.
    The Handicap Secretary (or probably anyone on the h/cap committee) can get it for you. They'd have back-end access to GolfNet and can look up any member's PIN.

I've been able to create and sign in to my new golf Ireland account and can see my new handicap but the amount of rounds that it is based on is woefully incomplete. Only 5 rounds have been added and only 1 of these seems to be counting for handicap purposes. I have friends in the same boat.

Do people know if this process is complete or will our full list of scores be added and our handicaps properly calculated in the course of the next couple of months?

I've been able to create and sign in to my new golf Ireland account and can see my new handicap but the amount of rounds that it is based on is woefully incomplete. Only 5 rounds have been added and only 1 of these seems to be counting for handicap purposes. I have friends in the same boat.

Do people know if this process is complete or will our full list of scores be added and our handicaps properly calculated in the course of the next couple of months?
    Check to see if the missing rounds are on GolfNet. If they are, they'll filter through in the next day or so. If not, this could be an issue between your club's software and GolfNet and you need to contact your h/cap secretary.

Check to see if the missing rounds are on GolfNet. If they are, they'll filter through in the next day or so. If not, this could be an issue between your club's software and GolfNet and you need to contact your h/cap secretary.

All but one of my scores disappeared from golfnet a couple of weeks ago. I presumed this was related to the rollout of the new system. Again, my friends are in the same situation. They can only see the score from the last competition played. All others are wiped from the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭blue note

The Handicap Secretary (or probably anyone on the h/cap committee) can get it for you. They'd have back-end access to GolfNet and can look up any member's PIN.

I won't bother them. Getting it from hdid during the week will be fine.

All but one of my scores disappeared from golfnet a couple of weeks ago. I presumed this was related to the rollout of the new system. Again, my friends are in the same situation. They can only see the score from the last competition played. All others are wiped from the record.
    It shouldn't be related. GolfNet is updated by your club using their software every time a competition is closed. The usual method is to just update anything that's changed since the last update. But you can override those settings and (conceivably) wipe everything on GolfNet by removing old scores in the software. Not saying this is what happened, but there are lots of moving parts involved and the first step is to check with your club and alert them to what's happened. Both on GolfNet and Golf Ireland (The new Golf Ireland WHS system takes its data from GolfNet).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

blue note wrote: »
    I won't bother them. Getting it from hdid during the week will be fine.

I will be interested to see what information will be allowed on sites like HowDidiDo and Masterscoreboard.

In the early days of this it was discussed that you would only see your competition history. If you wanted to see anything handicap related you would have to go to the home union site.

The scenario I am dreading is;

1: turn up for competition
    2: open Golf Ireland App
    3: get handicap index
    4: consult table to get course handicap
    5: sign in to comp on screen
    6: work out playing handicap from course handicap depending on competition type
    7: enter playing handicap on screen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I will be interested to see what information will be allowed on sites like HowDidiDo and Masterscoreboard.

In the early days of this it was discussed that you would only see your competition history. If you wanted to see anything handicap related you would have to go to the home union site.

The scenario I am dreading is;

1: turn up for competition
    2: open Golf Ireland App
    3: get handicap index
    4: consult table to get course handicap
    5: sign in to comp on screen
    6: work out playing handicap from course handicap depending on competition type
    7: enter playing handicap on screen

Surely they will have this automated. They can't expect golfers ,or more likely the pro in the shop for anyone struggling , to do the calculations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thewobbler

Surely they will have this automated. They can't expect golfers ,or more likely the pro in the shop for anyone struggling , to do the calculations.

There’s two things to consider here.

1. Would we not be more likely to enter our handicap index on the card, than the calculated handicap?

2. Either way, I expect that within a few months, looking for a sign with the course’s slope when signing in, then calculating “HI x slope / 113” on your phone, will become as normal in your pre game routine as checking for balls and a glove. It’s not that onerous a task, really.

Advertisement