Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Worldwide Handicap System

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Mine has gone from 5.3 - 5.9 so get a shot back ... happy enough with that tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

T453 wrote: »
    Anybody know why I have 2 scores on the 15th and the 17th of July not included in my new handicap index
    Also any idea when they will update scores put in after the 4th of October
    wonga77 wrote: »
    October scores go in tomorrow I think. Im missing scores too, not sure why
    Check if they're on GolfNet. If not, your club will probably have to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

So, handicapmaster will show your Handicap Index at Sign in and will work our your course and playing handicap during the sign in and score every process.

Which is good news.

You will no longer have access to see your handicap history. That will have to be done through Golf Ireland.

More than likely same process for Club Systems users

• Registered Users Posts: 14 T453

prawnsambo wrote: »

They are on Golfnet though

T453 wrote: »
    They are on Golfnet though
    They should come through on the next update so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

So, handicapmaster will show your Handicap Index at Sign in and will work our your course and playing handicap during the sign in and score every process.

Which is good news.

You will no longer have access to see your handicap history. That will have to be done through Golf Ireland.

More than likely same process for Club Systems users

i never actually realised club systems showed your handicap history
    i always just looked at it on golfnet.

Seve OB wrote: »
    i never actually realised club systems showed your handicap history
    i always just looked at it on golfnet.

HowDidiDo is club systems

HowDidiDo is club systems

no i know that, just didn't realise it had the handicap record till now
    i never thought it was much more than a results platform really and as different clubs use different ones not all results end up there. sure sometimes the clubs don't even post them, so golf net was always the go to place for me
    looking at it now, it certainly seems to link to golfnet somehow as my handicap rounds are all there going back to 2017........ even from rounds not played at clubs with clubsystems.
    pity you can't click through that page though to the relevant result

no i know that, just didn't realise it had the handicap record till now
    i never thought it was much more than a results platform really and as different clubs use different ones not all results end up there. sure sometimes the clubs don't even post them, so golf net was always the go to place for me
    looking at it now, it certainly seems to link to golfnet somehow as my handicap rounds are all there going back to 2017........ even from rounds not played at clubs with clubsystems.
    pity you can't click through that page though to the relevant result
    That's how it worked up to now. Club enters results in their software (Handicap Master, Club Systems etc.) apply handicap changes and then update GolfNet. Will be the same going forward except handicap changes will be carried out on dotgolf (Golf Ireland) and pulled back to the club systems.

I would imagine that the idea is to make Golf Ireland the place to go, 180,000 club golfers on a site every day Hase some very good ad potential

• Advertisement

why the hell is 113 the divisor?
    i think it just makes a convoluted way of doing things a lot more confusing.
    100 would have made so much more sense, could base in on percentage (Which it really is anyway) and just make it easier to read and understand.

think of it, ive a handicap index of 10.0
    im playing a bog average course thats slope is rated 100 or 100%. i get 10.0
    im playing a slightly easier course, slope is 90%, i get 9.0
    im playing a course which is tricky slope is 110, i get 11.0

i think it just makes a convoluted way of doing things a lot more confusing.
    100 would have made so much more sense, could base in on percentage (Which it really is anyway) and just make it easier to read and understand.

think of it, ive a handicap index of 10.0
    im playing a bog average course thats slope is rated 100 or 100%. i get 10.0
    im playing a slightly easier course, slope is 90%, i get 9.0
    im playing a course which is tricky slope is 110, i get 11.0
    It's a good question. I looked into it before and it seems to be something that originated in the USGA system. Probably could have started as you suggest and then (since ratings are somewhat subjective) moved around as more and more outliers had to be accommodated. The range goes from 55 to 155 so you'd imagine that the median would be around 105.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Yeah. I'm really looking at this through the eyes of the average golfer, so as long as they can see their index at log in and the software sets the correct course handicap, there will be a fairly easy transition. Whether they can see their handicap record on Master Scoreboard or Golf Ireland is icing on the cake really.

I agree that the site (and data) looks good and far better than GolfNet. And maybe it's not a bad thing to have people using the CDH more often. The experience from this changeover has taught me that many have never logged into GolfNet ever. We sent out an email to members many weeks ago, telling them to check their data on GolfNet and update as needed. Only three had done so after a couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

I'm only seeing totals on the new site, no hole scores and also no competition details, just the course name.

Is this just me? If not it's a big step down from handicap master.

100 would make it easier that’s for sure

I think that the 113 comes from the idea that a slope of 1.13 is taken by the USGA to be the slope of the statistical line relating a player’s average score in relation to a handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Rippeditup wrote: »
    Mine has gone from 5.3 - 5.9 so get a shot back ... happy enough with that tbh

You might not, did you calculate your playing handicap?

GreeBo wrote: »
    I'm only seeing totals on the new site, no hole scores and also no competition details, just the course name.

Is this just me? If not it's a big step down from handicap master.

it has nothing to do with handicap master
    if you need to compare it with something, compare it with golfnet
    its basically giving the same information

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

October's golf now showing on golfireland but the 8 best have been demarked.

anyway, first glance it looks like some scores are missing
    25th July, QMH, NR, GD 19, ND 7
    14th July, QSA, 32 points
    30th June, QSA, 36 points
    22nd Feb, QSO, 30 points

So the above are nearly all there now along with nearly all the October scores
    all thats missing now are 2 medal comps which I had an NR on each (all other scores populated, just one hole not finished each round). Anyone else getting the same? maybe they are still updating and im sure the ones with missing scores like that are awkward to transfer.

going to stick my workings in here so i have them handy
    25th July, QMH, NR, GD 19, ND 7 >> AG=89, CR=69.4, Slope=124, SD=17.9
    18th October, QMA, NR, GD 17, ND 7 >> AG=90, CR=73.9, Slope=135, SD=13.5

the 13.5 would be one of my best 8 and adding those 2 scores in will knock out a good one.

HI is now 11.3 but adjusting for the above assuming no PCC on the day will see me jump to 11.6

This sees my handicap jump from 10.4 now to a course handicap of 13 on each home tee, so a comp handicap of 12. on away blue & white its 14 giving a comp handicap of 13 and off the green its 13 & 12 respectively

kinda disappointed after getting to 9.5 only a couple of months ago.

PCC is not present for October scores yet.... anyone know if which is which, my records shows a few -1 and a couple 1. I'm guessing the 1 was tougher conditions?

the counting scores are indicated by an orange dot beside the AG. I think this would be better against the SD as i think you could have a lower AG giving a higher SD so wouldn't necessarily count. might cause some confusion

im using safari, last column which i think should be your current handicap at that point in time.... is not showing, you have to drag it over and at that, its not great

Oh and all handicap record now wiped from HDID

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

October's now included and my HC has dropped another .7

So the above are nearly all there now along with nearly all the October scores
    all thats missing now are 2 medal comps which I had an NR on each (all other scores populated, just one hole not finished each round). Anyone else getting the same? maybe they are still updating and im sure the ones with missing scores like that are awkward to transfer.
    We've had a mixed bag of those. Some included, some omitted. By rights, a NR in a strokeplay competition shouldn't be recorded as NR, but as a DQ: Failing to hole out in strokeplay. (Rule 3.3c).

It's definitely a work in progress at the moment. Missing scores seem to be coming in, but others still missing and (confusingly) ones that were there are now missing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Similar here dropped from 16.2 to 15.4 over night. Will leave me with a course handicap of 16 and a home course playing handicap of 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭newport2

My missing scores from August and October appeared overnight, so a 0.8 drop down to 5.0. Only one of the 5 PCCs in my 8 scores has been applied to reflect CSS, so once they are it should drop to 4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

hey lads, I moved clubs in Nov 2019 but only my 10 qualifying scores from 2020 are showing on Golf Ireland (all results were linked on GolfNet). So it means my handicap is only calculated off 3 best scores instead of 8.

I don't want to be annoying the wrong person with this as I'm sure everyone is crazy busy with it. would it be my club handicap sec I get onto?

hey lads, I moved clubs in Nov 2019 but only my 10 qualifying scores from 2020 are showing on Golf Ireland (all results were linked on GolfNet). So it means my handicap is only calculated off 3 best scores instead of 8.

I don't want to be annoying the wrong person with this as I'm sure everyone is crazy busy with it. would it be my club handicap sec I get onto?
    Have you played more than 10 since you changed club?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭chalky_ie

All of my scores are in too, my handicap stayed the same. The difference between what I had calculated and the actual hcap index is down to my 2 9 hole scores, they were somehow converted to 18 hole scores(no idea what formula was used for this), whereas I was calculating the differential using the 9 hole slope/course ratings for the front 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Is it the case that DQs are not included?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

We have 3 sets of tees at St Margaret's, Black, Blue and white - medals/majors are off the back black tees, normal comps off blues and we never play comps off whites yet 3 of my 8 counting scores are claiming to be off the whites?

Is that because there wasn't a record as to whether some of the blue tees had been pushed forwards?

Is it the case that DQs are not included?
    I've seen both.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Handicap Index of 8, slope of my course is 133 which means I'm off 9, was playing off 13 in March so much be doing something right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I've seen both.

I have a DQ in my last twenty and it is not included. Its not a big deal.

I would expect that going forward (when we start entering scores next year) DQs will be included for consistency. Otherwise i could enter an NR and my poor score would not be included in my HI calculation. Or do I miss something?

Advertisement