Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Worldwide Handicap System

Options
1596061626365»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Goldenjohn wrote: »
    Can casual rounds be played anytime of the year or just during summer when there is no lift clean & place etc.

Yeah cant be in winter rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭david2002

martinkop wrote: »
    It is set up for banditry of the highest order. Crazy stuff.

Play 20 9 hole "practice" rounds, then have your targeted handicap for the big comps.
    I'm assuming the max 1 stroke back is gone with this, if based on previous scores

Max 5 shots back over a rolling 12 months mow.
    A standard max of 3 shots back but possible to get 5 back if u try really hard !!!!!!!
    (The 4th and 5th shot back also work off averages but the calculation is ashusted to slow any increase beyond a rise of 3 to a max increase of 5)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Long Turn

Anyone know when the Golf Ireland app will be operating?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Long Turn wrote: »
    Anyone know when the Golf Ireland app will be operating?

Maybe when the golf courses start operating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Seve OB wrote: »
    Maybe when the golf courses start operating

Totally uncorrelated I suspect!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Is anyone seeing their calculations not matching what the computer say for shots?
    When I work out using the handicap calculator it says I should have 8 shots off our green tees, but computer says I only have 7, have a mate who plays at a different club, he came to my club for an open over Christmas and we worked out he would have 14 shots but computer says 11, the strange thing with him is he has 14 shots at his home course from the green tees and it would be an easier and lower course raring.
    Lastly, our club has laminated sheets for each tee, you can look up your World Handicap and it will tell you how many shots you have off the corresponding tee, but even that does match the number of shots the computer says.
    Is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Snotty wrote: »
    Is anyone seeing their calculations not matching what the computer say for shots?
    When I work out using the handicap calculator it says I should have 8 shots off our green tees, but computer says I only have 7, have a mate who plays at a different club, he came to my club for an open over Christmas and we worked out he would have 14 shots but computer says 11, the strange thing with him is he has 14 shots at his home course from the green tees and it would be an easier and lower course raring.
    Lastly, our club has laminated sheets for each tee, you can look up your World Handicap and it will tell you how many shots you have off the corresponding tee, but even that does match the number of shots the computer says.
    Is that normal?

I have heard of issues setting up competitions correctly resulting in correct handicaps

May be the case here! But should effect everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

We used to get an extra shot in the recent opens at my club if you were below 10 or something. Think it was something to do with it being a mixed open comp? Anyone know anything about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Is that normal?

The sheets show your course handicap not your playing handicap, so if the comp was fourball its only 85% of that, if your course handicap is 8 your playing handicap when you sign is 6.8 (7) If it is singles it is 95% so 7.6 (8).

If it was 9 hole it would be different again as you have to take away the course rating - par

The sheets show your course handicap not your playing handicap, so if the comp was fourball its only 85% of that, if your course handicap is 8 your playing handicap when you sign is 6.8 (7) If it is singles it is 95% so 7.6 (8).

If it was 9 hole it would be different again as you have to take away the course rating - par

What do you mean by course handicap? The handicap you calculate from the sheet based on tees playing?

• Advertisement

What do you mean by course handicap? The handicap you calculate from the sheet based on tees playing?

That is for casual golf. If you are playing in a competition, you need to round that off and then multiply by .95 and then round that off. That will be your playing handicap for singles.

Do remember that this is only for competition placing purposes, when any handicap calculation is done, it will be based off the course handicap.

That is for casual golf. If you are playing in a competition, you need to round that off and then multiply by .95 and then round that off. That will be your playing handicap for singles.

Do remember that this is only for competition placing purposes, when any handicap calculation is done, it will be based off the course handicap.

Thanks and I'm probably being very dumb but I know most of my golfing friends are still not getting this. I'm assuming all clubs have these sheets on the notice board, 1 for each tee box and you check based on your world handicap how many shots?

My handicap is 6.0, so looking at the sheet it says between 6.0 and 6.6 is 8 shots for our green tee, just 8, not 8.0 or different.
    So reading the above, 8 x 0.95 =7.6 or 8, so why is the computer giving me 7 shots in single Stableford comp?

Thanks and I'm probably being very dumb but I know most of my golfing friends are still not getting this. I'm assuming all clubs have these sheets on the notice board, 1 for each tee box and you check based on your world handicap how many shots?

My handicap is 6.0, so looking at the sheet it says between 6.0 and 6.6 is 8 shots for our green tee, just 8, not 8.0 or different.
    So reading the above, 8 x 0.95 =7.6 or 8, so why is the computer giving me 7 shots in single Stableford comp?

Can you tell me what course and I can check for you. Send me a pm if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭slingerz

Any ideas when this golf Ireland app is supposed to be launched?

Advertisement