Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't I get EIR bundle with TV at my address?

Options
  • 20-02-2018 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I tried to order Eir bundle with TV and told I don't have access to fibre broadband at my address. I have already been through the ordering process and had 5 failed installation attempts consisting of 2 no shows, 1 failed attempt, 1 other excuse about order coming out of wrong exchange, and 1 unannounced arrival at my house. I rang back to reschedule and was told I was termed off the system because of the elapsed time (2 months) and I'd have to go through the ordering process again. I was willing to do that even though I was missing out on the free tablet with my original order. I was told at both an Eir retail shop and now an online chat that the TV package was not possible at my address. Why was this not told to me on my original order? I live in a 1960s house so the phone line is above ground but just needs to be fed into my attic from a pole in a neighbours garden. One of the engineers who did actually show up and attempt it said he needed to it was a 2 man job so he'd return. Very frustrating indeed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

bubbles76 wrote: »
    I tried to order Eir bundle with TV and told I don't have access to fibre broadband at my address. I have already been through the ordering process and had 5 failed installation attempts consisting of 2 no shows, 1 failed attempt, 1 other excuse about order coming out of wrong exchange, and 1 unannounced arrival at my house. I rang back to reschedule and was told I was termed off the system because of the elapsed time (2 months) and I'd have to go through the ordering process again. I was willing to do that even though I was missing out on the free tablet with my original order. I was told at both an Eir retail shop and now an online chat that the TV package was not possible at my address. Why was this not told to me on my original order? I live in a 1960s house so the phone line is above ground but just needs to be fed into my attic from a pole in a neighbours garden. One of the engineers who did actually show up and attempt it said he needed to it was a 2 man job so he'd return. Very frustrating indeed.
    Hi bubbles76, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your service, I understand this is frustrating.

Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement