Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feis 1 - Pier Head, Liverpool 7th July

Options
  • 20-02-2018 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Www.feis1.com

Only in Ireland would you have to go to England to see such a big line up of Irish acts! Got early bird tickets and cheap flights, looking forward to getting away anyway.

Is anyone familiar with the venue? I know that part of Liverpool around Albert Dock etc. but I can't place Pier Head.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Pier head is on the water side of the liver building. It's where the ferry cross the Mersey comes in. Its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Good line-up for £55.

I tried to get tickets for Van the Man as he closes the Deryr Jazz Festival this year, all sold out at £65 each.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

NIMAN wrote: »
    Good line-up for £55.

I tried to get tickets for Van the Man as he closes the Deryr Jazz Festival this year, all sold out at £65 each.

It's a pity there is no easy way to get there though. The only ferry over doesn't take foot passengers, the bus leaves at 7pm and arrives at 3am, and flights seem to be about 100 quid for the early morning and late night combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Have you priced flights to Manchester? I know a few people who do that for Liverpool matches and get the train although I never did myself. I booked Friday-Monday and got the flights for €120 return for 2 of us, we like Liverpool so we are making a weekend of it and that'll be our summer holiday this year!

£55 is the early bird ticket price, they posted on Facebook today that there's less than 100 left and then they'll go up to £65. The 2x£55 tickets I bought had a fee of £14.70 on top . We were humming and hawing over whether to get the £120 tickets but it seems like a lot to pay for seats

It's a pity there is no easy way to get there though. The only ferry over doesn't take foot passengers, the bus leaves at 7pm and arrives at 3am, and flights seem to be about 100 quid for the early morning and late night combo.

To Liverpool? Boat and train would be ideal, or if you can fill a car, you can get a car and 4 for 220 euro approximately on a 24 hour day trip.

• Advertisement

I cannot see a timetable, but I have done this loads of times.

Stenaline at 2am to holyhead and drive up, arrive around 8am. Or Stenaline at 8am, in the pool by about 2pm.

Leave liverpool at say 10pm and be on the 2.30 boat, or go to the show and then hit Mathew St / concert square / bold street, its a saturday night! (its a fecking legend of a place, then leave Liverpool around 2/3 am and get the 9am boat.

You will be wrecked but quite dooable and you will be back with a smile on your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭deisecelt

As if it couldn't of gotten any better but Shane Macgowan has just been added to the line up. What a day it's gonna be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

deisecelt wrote: »
    As if it couldn't of gotten any better but Shane Macgowan has just been added to the line up. What a day it's gonna be

I saw that alright but I heard from a few people who saw him at Electric picnic last year and they said he really shouldn't have been put there he wasn't able for it.

Still, the conversation in this house went something like this:
    Me: another big name announced for Liverpool today!!!!!!
    Him (sounding excited): who?
    Me: Shane McGowan!!! :O:O
    Him: huh?
    Me: you know, the singer? The Irish music festival?
    Him: oh that, I thought you meant they signed a new player

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Quite a good line up - will be good craic.

Is it me or has Jack L come way down the pecking order on these things. Was he a much bigger name a few years ago?
    Caught him at last years EP very late on the tiny forest stage between Salty Dog and Pink Moon - was a great show...

Advertisement