Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Between drawdown and getting the keys

Options
  • 20-02-2018 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,

I'm in the process of drawing down my mortgage at the moment. The money is due to arrive into my solicitors account tomorrow. Does anyone know how long after this part it takes to get the key? I'm just being impatient and want to know will I have it by the weekend!

Many Thanks
    Sarah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

SarahPL wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm in the process of drawing down my mortgage at the moment. The money is due to arrive into my solicitors account tomorrow. Does anyone know how long after this part it takes to get the key? I'm just being impatient and want to know will I have it by the weekend!

Many Thanks
    Sarah

There is no set period. It can be one or two days out to a few weeks. If there are documents outstanding, or the solicitors have other commitments, things can drag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

Is there no agreed closing date, op? I'd be asking my solicitor to get one from the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

We were one day but my solicitor was my friend, it can take a lot longer if there are issues with documentation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

The solicitor will most likely have to transfer to sellers solicitor before keys are handed over. If they have all checks done and are efficient it should be done quickly but I wouldn't hold my breath for this weekend to avoid disappointment. Ring them in the morning to ensure they got your money and ask them how quickly they can have it transferred. Has the house you are buying been cleared by seller? You don't want to be saddled with their leftover furniture.

Advertisement