Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Candidate query !!!

Options
  • 20-02-2018 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey all . I'm just wondering about sitting the leaving cert as an external candidate. (1.) Do the state cover the cost of the fee if you have a medical card???( 2. ) Can I sit the leaving cert this year in my old secondary school based in town???? I really need to know the answers to these as soon as possible as there is a 1st late deadline approaching as I only recently dropped out so missed the deadline . Thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes and probably yes. It's up to the school. Unless you parted on very bad terms they are unlikely to say no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

I'm just wondering about sitting the leaving cert as an external candidate.

(1.) Do the state cover the cost of the fee if you have a medical card???

( 2. ) Can I sit the leaving cert this year in my old secondary school based in town????

1. "External candidates who hold a current medical card do not have to pay the fee but are still liable for late fees if they apply after the deadline." (Citizens Information Website)

2. Before applying as an External Candidate you must first download the School request form and present it to the Principal of the school you wish to sit your exams in. Once this form is complete, you should retain it and bring it to your examination centre on the first day of examination. (Examinations.ie website)

Advertisement