Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NO television - can I use chromecast on projector with home theatre system?

• 20-02-2018 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Hi - I just bought Google home, mini and am about to get chromecast - I need to know if I need the regular chromecast or the audio version. It is for playing music only. I want to use it with my home theatre system (surround sound speakers). Can you just plug it in and use it like that? Even though they are connected to my projector? I will not be using the projector (it wont be turned on) when playing music.

I hope I am explaining myself clearly but please ask me anything to clarify.

Thanks so much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

hcass wrote: »
    Hi - I just bought Google home, mini and am about to get chromecast - I need to know if I need the regular chromecast or the audio version. It is for playing music only. I want to use it with my home theatre system (surround sound speakers). Can you just plug it in and use it like that? Even though they are connected to my projector? I will not be using the projector (it wont be turned on) when playing music.

I hope I am explaining myself clearly but please ask me anything to clarify.

Thanks so much.

Does your home theatre system have a 3.5mm or audio line in? If it does get the audio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

Does your home theatre system have a 3.5mm or audio line in? If it does get the audio.

It has the audio line in - audio it is. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

You will need a 3.5mm jack to rca jack cable as it only comes with 3.5 to 3.5
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/1075498

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

Excellent - thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

You will need a 3.5mm jack to rca jack cable as it only comes with 3.5 to 3.5
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/1075498
    If there is a 3.5mm line in, then not necessarily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Yes the chromecast audio works well with Mini. Just give the chromecast an easy name to remember, Like Living room. Then all you say is "Hey Google cast music to living room"

Advertisement