Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC - Panel Batt Fault

Options
  • 20-02-2018 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

'Panel Batt Fault' just appeared on my screen. Is this the large battery in the main alarm control box or is there a small battery in the actual keypad on the wall?

I have the alarm in service mode. Is it ok to open the main control panel without setting the alarm off? Wife would cut me into bits if I woke the kids this evening. :D

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

It would likely be the lead acid battery that will sound if the power was cut a redundancy alarm but they go bad after 4-6 years and need replacing
    If you open the panel it will spring a switch and the alarm will go off
    Only the engineer code bypasses and resets it.
    Most people just find out the code to ignore notification alerts
    Basically mutes the beeping that your battery is having issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

Is this the battery in the box on the outside of the house? If it is I have 2 of them (front and back). How would I find out which one?

Your saying, now that I am logged into service mode, I can change the setting to ignore this alarm?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Panel Batt Fault refers to the large rechargeable battery in the control panel.
    It will look something like this.

1cd358d7-7e8b-430c-ae44-2643bc4eaf1e_1.7f88f3823a66ceca142d64bb9d0b0cf7.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

If you can get your system into engineer mode, it will ignore all tamper conditions so the system will not activate when the cover is off the panel.
    But there is really no point in taking it off at this hour unless you have a replacement.
    What panel have you got?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

kub wrote: »
    What panel have you got?

OP
    HKC - Panel Batt Fault:)

• Advertisement

They only make 1 panel do they?

I'll leave it for tonight. These are 12v 7ah?

I will pick one up in the morning.

Yes, that should sort you out.

Perfect. Thanks for help folks! Much appreciated.

Did the amp battery do the trick?

• Advertisement

How come you did not answer the question I posed to you after your smart comment KoolKid?

Advertisement