Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting a deposit down

Options
  • 20-02-2018 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Sorry folks I'm not sure of this is the correct thread or not. My question is does Gamestop or Smyths take deposits on consoles? Paying it off over a month let's say. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Just save your money tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

argos do a buy now pay later thing
    6 months to pay it or your giving the interest equal to the amount of 6 months i think it is.
    think you have to pay 10 percent upfront

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

If you're looking for an Xbox, ask for advice in this thread from the Xbox forum, the folks there will know all the best deals.

There's probably a thread like that in the Playstation and Nintendo forums, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

risteard7 wrote: »
    Sorry folks I'm not sure of this is the correct thread or not. My question is does Gamestop or Smyths take deposits on consoles? Paying it off over a month let's say. Thanks

That's how I bought my Megadrive :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You can buy a GameStop card and top it up, or you can put a deposit on a game if it's not released yet, and pay that off bit by bit. But you don't get it until it's fully paid and released. The GameStop card would be the best bet, throw money onto it when you get a chance and use it to buy stuff then.

Littlewoods is also a good idea, and you get it up front, but it's usually slightly more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

You can do it with pre orders, not stuff thats already out.

Advertisement