Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote desktop connection to parents laptop

• 20-02-2018 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

My parents are having problems with sorting tasks on the laptop lately and i’m helping out more and more lately.

I’d like to get alit of these things sorted with a remote desktop connection.
    The only way I can think of doing it is setting up a vpn server on their side (don’t know if it’s possible with their Eircom router) then connecting to the vpn on my side and running a remote desktop connection.

Anyone know of an easier/better way that’s resonably secure and wouldn’t cost a fortune

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Install Team Viewer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Kalyke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

steo_magra wrote: »
    Install Team Viewer

Easiest and hassle free for the most part...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Thanks, will give that a shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Fieldog wrote: »
    Easiest and hassle free for the most part...

Install team viewer, set it to run on startup and set a permanent password. Then you can connect anytime they need help. Saves hours of explaining how to open the control panel :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

You can even install the ipad or android app which is handy and its free afaik.
    :)
    Check out youtube for a quick insight. Should be handy enough to set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

TeamViewer

Advertisement