Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring photos to laptop??

Options
  • 20-02-2018 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help. I'm looking to transfer over 1.237 photos from my iPhone to laptop. Only 10 photos show up when I try? Anyone any idea why??

Also I tried to do it through iCloud but I can't select all the photos together??

I would be grateful if any advice please.

Thanks

Mrs P x

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Just enable iCloud Photo Library in settings on both devices and all photos will sync over a couple of hours. You get 5GB of storage space for free which should cover this quantity of images.

On the iPhone open the Settings app and tap your name>iCloud>Photos and enable iCloud Photo Library.

If you’ve got a Mac open Photos and in the top menu click Photos>Preferences and enable iCloud Photo Library from there.

If you’ve got a Windows laptop just install iCloud for Windows and it’ll sync your photos automatically, no need to select anything.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Thanks very much for your reply. I have done that to the Windows laptop and it will save new photos I take but not the photos that are already on the phone. I've never found it this tricky before.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

On the laptop click the iCloud icon in the system tray (the ^ icon next to the clock). Click download Photos. Click All click download.

While you’re there go back and click Open iCloud Settings. Beside Photos click Options and ensure iCloud Photo Library is enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

5uspect wrote: »
    On the laptop click the iCloud icon in the system tray (the ^ icon next to the clock). Click download Photos. Click All click download.

While you’re there go back and click Open iCloud Settings. Beside Photos click Options and ensure iCloud Photo Library is enabled.

Finally got it sorted. Thanks again

Advertisement