Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bundle price increasing

Options
  • 20-02-2018 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭

I got notice in the post today that my Eir broadband and landline package is increasing by €6 per month from March. 
    My question is: I am in a 12 month contract until June.
    The first six months of this which are over were at €30 now I pay €70.
    If I'm in a 12 month contract, how come Eir can up my price before renewal?
    If I tried to leave my contract before its end date then I assume I'd be penalised? 
    I understand I can leave the contract but I don't want to.

To thine own self be true

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

When a price increase comes in during a contract period you have 30 days from date notification is sent to opt out of contract without any penalty even if you have a year remaining in contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I got notice in the post today that my Eir broadband and landline package is increasing by €6 per month from March. 
    My question is: I am in a 12 month contract until June.
    The first six months of this which are over were at €30 now I pay €70.
    If I'm in a 12 month contract, how come Eir can up my price before renewal?
    If I tried to leave my contract before its end date then I assume I'd be penalised? 
    I understand I can leave the contract but I don't want to.
    Hi Purple Mountain, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

I'm afraid the pricing can change at any time on your account. Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It just seems so unfair that you can do this but if I decide to opt out, I am deemed to have broken the contract.
    But I guess this is how corporates operate and the customer is at their mercy.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

It just seems so unfair that you can do this but if I decide to opt out, I am deemed to have broken the contract.
    But I guess this is how corporates operate and the customer is at their mercy.
    Hi Purple Mountain,

If you have any enquiries, we do have a department set up to deal specifically with the price increase on 1800 303 466.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement