If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade Sony 5.1 amp

Options
  • 21-02-2018 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,
    I have a Sony str-k740p surround sound system that's getting old, so before it fails I'd to upgrade. The surround speakers are all wired in via cable runs in the walls and the sub works well. I have a 4k vu+ box, tv and a turntable connected. We listen to music via a uPNP hard drive connection to the router and we play that via an MP3 player plugged into the CD channel. Ideally I'd like to have a second (zone?)set of speakers in the kitchen too but don't want have to route more cables. Do you have anything that I could use to update the Sony? And what would be the price range?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Somavar wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a Sony str-k740p surround sound system that's getting old, so before it fails I'd to upgrade. The surround speakers are all wired in via cable runs in the walls and the sub works well. I have a 4k vu+ box, tv and a turntable connected. We listen to music via a uPNP hard drive connection to the router and we play that via an MP3 player plugged into the CD channel. Ideally I'd like to have a second (zone?)set of speakers in the kitchen too but don't want have to route more cables. Do you have anything that I could use to update the Sony? And what would be the price range?
    Hi Somavar.

We have many amps that would be an upgrade to your current Sony.

The only set back is to get a wireless set of speakers for a 2nd.
    Pretty much all amps would need wires ran to any speakers that are to be connected to them.

In saying that. Denon build their Heos app into the receivers and this allows you to connect the Denon Heos speakers to it.
    The Denon AVRX2400 is currently priced at £349.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-13044-avrx2400.aspx

You could then add in a Denon Heos 1 Hs2 in the Kitchen. These are priced at £149.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12997-black-12997.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Any questions drop me a post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.