Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting sound bar to projector

Options
  • 21-02-2018 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I’ll try and keep this short...
    I’ve already purchased a sound bar (Philips Fidelio B5) which has HDMI output (ARC) capabilities.
    I’ve run HDMI cables from the source which will be sky box, ps4 and the likes to the position where sound bar will be located and the position where the projector will be located and also from sound bar to projector...
    I’m just about to purchase a projector but wanted to pick your brains first on the best type to go for.
    I’m thinking I need one that also has ARC capabilities but I’m struggling to find any online.
    Has anyone got a similar setup that can offer any advice please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Hi folks,
    ...from sound bar to projector...

you sure you want to go from the projector?

Any reason not to go directly from the video signal source - bRay player/xbox etc. to the amp?
    Usually done with fibreoptic cable - you can get non-powered fibre splitters so you can have multiple devices feeding into soundbar so you dont have to switch cables.

The xbox and most devices usually have options to send video signal via hdmi (to eg. ceiling projector) - and sound via the optic fibre (to soundbar)

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ozmo wrote: »
    The xbox and most devices usually have options to send video signal via hdmi (to eg. ceiling projector) - and sound via the optic fibre (to soundbar)

TOSLINK is only 2.1, no reason not to use HDMI Audio now (its digital too).

The soundbar just strips the audio and passes the video on to the projector. Filling the role of a receiver in most setups.

Advertisement