Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average insurance cost

Options
  • 21-02-2018 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi All,

I'm learning to drive, Female, 26.

I'm hoping to get insured on my parents car, I was quoted 170 euro with Aviva.

Does this sound correct? I have no idea!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

What were you quoted for? that looks like the price of about 6 driving lessons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 anniewilkes

What were you quoted for? that looks like the price of about 6 driving lessons.

To be added to my Mams insurance, so I can practice with her car.

I'm getting lessons elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Seems cheap.

But there's variables here. This is the cost to add you to your mums insurance, but we don't know how many months there are left on that policy.

Either way, your mum can't really change her provider mid policy without complicating matters, so you're really just going to have to go with whatever quote she has.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Might be until renewal? Sounds very inexpensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Might be until renewal? Sounds very inexpensive.

Could be 2 months to renewal, does seem cheap quote, hard to tell, if we need when policy runs out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 anniewilkes

Thanks all.

Policy runs out in November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Probably is correct as you would just be named driver, but remember that you are not insured if you are not accompanied by a full licence holder and gardai can, in the near future, take the car off you on the spot, issue fine, points and towing charge.

Advertisement