Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activities with four-year-old - Dublin

Options
  • 21-02-2018 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just looking for suggestions of things to do with my four-year-old on weekday afternoons/weekends in Dublin. Usually using public transport. Ideally cheap/free.

He loves Imaginosity but we don't go too often because of the price ... we often go to museums, shopping centres ... I've heard The Ark is good, so I've been on the look out for anything age-appropriate there, nothing at the moment. Are there any indoor play centres in or around the city centre? We sometimes go out to IKEA (he loves it there!) but staying around the city centre is better for us. We go to the cinema when we're stuck for things to do, it's kind of a last resort though.

I know there are plenty of playgrounds, beaches, etc, and of course the zoo, but considering the weather I'd prefer indoor activities this time of year.

Open to any ideas, thanks. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Where are you?There are some climbing walls that will take his age, one in Tallaght, one in Finglas on the M50.Maybe one in the southside too.
    I still do plenty outdoors with my pair, the weather is getting nicer.Botanic gardens in Glasnevin maybe and a good playground.in the Phoenix park, beside the visitor centre.I'm less sure of city centre stuff, but maybe even a trip on a Luas/Dart to the city centre for lunch or something could be good.Natural History Museum seems to be a hit with that age group too for many parents.Keep an eye out for kids music in the Concert Hall too.There is a fun galaxy play centre in Airside in Swords and in Malahide Marina, and I have a feeling there's a leisure plex style play centre in Charlestown, Finglas (not far from Ikea).Swimming could be an option too, maybe the NAC (sorry, hard to know when I'm not sure where you are!) Or one of the public city pools?
    You could also keep an eye on the likes of Groupon, they often do discount vouchers for different things aound the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭appledrop

The national gallery of Ireland do specific programmes for children. Give them a call for more/ details on upcoming events. Also check out nch for children events. There will be cost involved but reasonable enough. Once it's dry out + wrapped up I really don't think you can beat park/ playground + plenty around city centre. Newbridge house in Donabate is brilliant when weather gets a bit better. It's about 30 mins on train but train station beside one of entrances. It free for grounds/ playground but I'd also recommend farm for €5. Malahide castle another brilliant venue on Dart line if you want to go bit further out but very doable by public transport.

Advertisement