Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is sunday a bad day to go to dublin for the day

Options
  • 21-02-2018 1:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭

I considering meeting up with my brother for the day up in Dublin and staying for the night. We would both be travelling from different parts of the country .Im thinking sunday because the hotel is cheap and we arent really going up for late night life. Just a few touristy things . Go for a nice meal somewhere and maybe catch the united chelsea game . Just wondering will all the museums be closed. The guiness store house is open so thats on the list

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Museums are open, they close on Mondays

Some restaurants may be closed, but certainly not the majority.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Should be fine, just take note that opening hours might be a little shorter that day, so do your homework.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Sunday is grand, Monday's a bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Sunday is fine museums generally closed on Mondays. As are hairdressers and beauticians if either your thing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Unicrons Dad

Is the knights bridge bar any good for soccer games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Fine if you want to be in the middle of stag parties! I'd personally go across the road to Grand Central

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Sunday is a great day in Dublin. Where are you staying? I'd say there'll still be a load of Welsh around from Saturday so pubs might be jammed, then again, they might all have fecked off home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

You'll have no problem in Dublin on a Sunday, as someone said just be aware that a lot of retail places close at 5-6pm instead of 8-10pm on a Sunday, also as you're staying for the night pubs etc close earlier but if you're in the city centre you should have no problem finding plenty open until midnight or beyond. Just make sure to have any shopping type stuff done in by 5-ish and don't expect a wild night out in clubs etc, and you'll be grand.

The Arlington by the bridge.

Where should go for breakfast monday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The Bakehouse on Bachelor's Walk is nice

Advertisement