Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer CCC

• 21-02-2018 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭

Did anyone do the assessment for these positions this week?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SinWin

I've mine on 6th of March

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭themom

Sorry I mean stage 1 online.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

themom wrote: »
    Sorry I mean stage 1 online.

Just did it this evening. Did not enjoy. How did you get on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ya, it was pretty tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,517 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I really didn't like the pattern one, that was very difficult.

• Advertisement

Ya that didn’t make much sense, hard to understand.a lot of the time I had to guess.

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya that didn’t make much sense, hard to understand.a lot of the time I had to guess.

I got the majority of them wrong but I think the other three assessments went well enough.

I got the majority of them wrong but I think the other three assessments went well enough.

I wouldn’t worry you might only have to get a certain amount right. To be honest I’m not holding out much hope getting a job out of this cause I did the county council one last year and passed the online exams but have never heard a word since.

I wouldn’t worry you might only have to get a certain amount right. To be honest I’m not holding out much hope getting a job out of this cause I did the county council one last year and passed the online exams but have never heard a word since.

I suppose with the change in the boundary, the county probably had to adjust down their numbers and the city have to increase.

I suppose with the change in the boundary, the county probably had to adjust down their numbers.

Has that actually passed? I thought they had to backtrack? I was against it cause I’m from one of the areas that they wanted to join the city.

• Advertisement

Has that actually passed? I thought they had to backtrack? I was against it cause I’m from one of the areas that they wanted to join the city.

Yep, I think they'll be rolling it out in the very near future.

Yep, I think they'll be rolling it out in the very near future.

I really don’t agree with it especially when you are like 8 miles outside the city. In the future so is your address going to be Cork city.

I really don’t agree with it especially when you are like 8 miles outside the city. In the future so is your address going to be Cork city.

I would presume so.

I would presume so.

I just think it’s unfair that the general public had no say on it. I know Ballincollig were really against it, had posters up and everything around the town.

Yeah I found that difficult too.Thought the others were ok,though the numerical one wasn't plain sailing either.

How long do you think we'll have to wait for the results?

How long do you think we'll have to wait for the results?

Hopefully not too long.

I know they said in the briefing document that the top 50 will be called for interview, but will we receive an OOM like what the Civil Service do, so we know where we stand?

Anyone hear anything ?

themom wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything ?

Didn’t hear anything.

Nothing here either.

The wait is killing me.

• Advertisement

Is supervised aptitude tests the next stage?

Is supervised aptitude tests the next stage?

I had another look at the briefing document today and it said that the top 50 candidates from Stage 2 will be invited to fill out an application form. They will then use this application form for the basis of calling people for interview.

Nothing here either.

The wait is killing me.

Ditto. Does anyone have any idea how they're going to rank? Like sometimes they include all the results in the ranking, sometimes they have pass/fail on the numerical and use the rest for ranking. Any ideas?

Ditto. Does anyone have any idea how they're going to rank? Like sometimes they include all the results in the ranking, sometimes they have pass/fail on the numerical and use the rest for ranking. Any ideas?

I hope they don't include the sudoku inspired test in the rankings.

I hope they don't include the sudoku inspired test in the rankings.

Yep. The horror!

Results are out.

Given no details about what marks achieved or what you needed to achieve in order to progress to next stage.

Results are out.

Given no details about what marks achieved or what you needed to achieve in order to progress to next stage.

I got mine too. Says I'm through to the next stage but no indication of how many people are going through. Thought it was meant to be top 50 through to interview, but they must be bringing more than that through to supervised testing surely?

I got mine too. Says I'm through to the next stage but no indication of how many people are going through. Thought it was meant to be top 50 through to interview, but they must be bringing more than that through to supervised testing surely?

Another poster said that the next stage wasn’t supervised tests.

Anyway I didn’t get through so good luck in the rest of the process.

I just think it’s not good enough not to even get a breakdown of your results or what marks you needed to get in order to progress.

Another poster said that the next stage wasn’t supervised tests.

Anyway I didn’t get through so good luck in the rest of the process.

I just think it’s not good enough not to even get a breakdown of your results or what marks you needed to get in order to progress.

Sorry to hear that. I totally agree with you, no feedback is no good. Whether for next time or going on to the next phase, no information about what areas you need to work on?

I was a bit thrown by the email because I don't remember hearing anything about supervised testing before.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that. I totally agree with you, no feedback is no good. Whether for next time or going on to the next phase, no information about what areas you need to work on?

I was a bit thrown by the email because I don't remember hearing anything about supervised testing before.

I’ve emailed them back requested feedback, you could also do the same asking them to clarify what the next stage is.

I’ve emailed them back requested feedback, you could also do the same asking them to clarify what the next stage is.

They've actually been clear enough on what the next stage involves - repeat of verbal and numerical basically.

Let us know how you get on - if they're​ willing to stump up the information I might do the same.

They've actually been clear enough on what the next stage involves - repeat of verbal and numerical basically.

Let us know how you get on - if they're​ willing to stump up the information I might do the same.

Oh right, cool thanks.

I got a thanks but no thanks too. Well done and good luck to everyone that got through.

I would have liked to know where I fell down though.

I'm through to the next round.

Congrats to those that are also progressing and commiserations to those that aren't :(

I was really hoping, because they didn't mention in the briefing document, that there wouldn't be a supervised test. I'm going to find it hard to get time off.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Id say there’s a good few going for supervised testing. I know someone in on the Tuesday and the Friday.

• Advertisement

Samjd wrote: »
    Id say there’s a good few going for supervised testing. I know someone in on the Tuesday and the Friday.

And I'm in on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Do any of ye have a contact email for them? I'm locked out of my email so I've no access the results.

rosie16 wrote: »
    Do any of ye have a contact email for them? I'm locked out of my email so I've no access the results.

assessment.ireland@cut-e.com

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Any news on this?

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Any news on this?

I've heard nothing yet anyway.

• Advertisement

Still nothing?

Still nothing?

Nada on my end anyway.

I know someone else started another thread and one person said that they emailed CCC at the start of April and they were told that the recruitment team were going through the results.

Nada on my end anyway.

I know someone else started another thread and one person said that they emailed CCC at the start of April and they were told that the recruitment team were going through the results.

Thanks. Do you know the name of the other thread?

Thanks. Do you know the name of the other thread?

I think it's something along the lines of Cork City Council Clerical Officer Campaign 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LauraH12345

Anything on this yet?

Anything on this yet?

Still nothing here.

The wait is killing me.

There must of been a load of applicants considering that we haven't heard anything yet.

The wait is killing me.

There must of been a load of applicants considering that we haven't heard anything yet.

I heard some speculation that the city boundary expansion might be holding this up. Have you heard any theories?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭paintinglasses

My husband got an email regarding a form to fill out, previous work and competencies etc. Has to be in by the end of the month so hopefully that means it's being moved along. (This is for County Council, not City Council.)

I heard some speculation that the city boundary expansion might be holding this up. Have you heard any theories?

I actually emailed them before the bank holiday and they told me that either way we were going to be told if we were going to the next round via email last week.

I haven't got anything since.

• Advertisement
Advertisement