Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Money

Options
  • 21-02-2018 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I went onto my bank account online today and noticed I have negative 10 euro, I made a payment of 574 euro and had a balance of ~576 euro so this made me suspicious.

Upon looking at my recent transactions I noticed after lodging 150 euro it said my balance was ~564 euro, however the other day upon looking at my recent transactions after lodging the 150 euro it said I had ~576 euro, and on my statement it also shows after lodging the 150 euro that I had ~576 euro, so why now am I ~8 euro out of pocket with no trace of where it is gone ?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi there,

I went onto my bank account online today and noticed I have negative 10 euro, I made a payment of 574 euro and had a balance of ~576 euro so this made me suspicious.

Upon looking at my recent transactions I noticed after lodging 150 euro it said my balance was ~564 euro, however the other day upon looking at my recent transactions after lodging the 150 euro it said I had ~576 euro, and on my statement it also shows after lodging the 150 euro that I had ~576 euro, so why now am I ~8 euro out of pocket with no trace of where it is gone ?

Thanks!

Hi SweetCaliber,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I'd ask you to raise this through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 home screen and the advisers there will be able to look into the transaction history and balance of your account to see why this balance is showing on your account.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Hi there,

Thanks!

Hi SweetCaliber,

I'd ask you to raise this through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 home screen and the advisers there will be able to look into the transaction history and balance of your account to see why this balance is showing on your account.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hiya it looks like I got charged a POS charge for converting GBP to EUR, can I ask why this is, the payment was made with the correct exchange rate, why was I charged a fee also for paying in GBP ?

Hi there,

Thanks!

Hi SweetCaliber,

I'd ask you to raise this through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 home screen and the advisers there will be able to look into the transaction history and balance of your account to see why this balance is showing on your account.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hiya it looks like I got charged a POS charge for converting GBP to EUR, can I ask why this is, the payment was made with the correct exchange rate, why was I charged a fee also for paying in GBP ?

Hi thanks for getting back to me here. If POS is showing on the transaction that would mean that the original transaction is a Visa Debit card transaction and there would be a charge for using a Visa Debit card in a different currency. I've given a link here that shows any of the fees and charges for using your Visa Debit card in a different currency.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Hi there,

Thanks!

Hi SweetCaliber,

I'd ask you to raise this through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 home screen and the advisers there will be able to look into the transaction history and balance of your account to see why this balance is showing on your account.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Hi thanks for getting back to me here. If POS is showing on the transaction that would mean that the original transaction is a Visa Debit card transaction and there would be a charge for using a Visa Debit card in a different currency. I've given a link here that shows any of the fees and charges for using your Visa Debit card in a different currency.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hiya Darren,

Thanks for the reply, the link sent was for a current account, where as mine is a 3rd level account. Upon loading the 3rd level account it says I do not pay fees, does paying in another currency fall outside of these free fees ?

Hi there,

Thanks!

Hi SweetCaliber,

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hiya Darren,

Thanks for the reply, the link sent was for a current account, where as mine is a 3rd level account. Upon loading the 3rd level account it says I do not pay fees, does paying in another currency fall outside of these free fees ?

Hi there,

Yes the fees given in the link would apply to all current accounts. With the 3rd level account you'd be exempt from the general quarterly transaction fees but the cross boarder charges given in the link would still apply.

Thanks again for your messages,
    Darren.  

• Advertisement
Advertisement