Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any better sim only deals available?

Options
  • 21-02-2018 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Currently on a sim only deal with Eir mobile for €24.99, get unlimited free calls and texts but only 5GB of data p/mth. I can get Unlimited calls and texts, 20GB of data and 300 international minutes with Tesco mobile for €25. Can you offer a better sim only package? I don't particularly need international minutes, definitely need more data though. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Brokejoke wrote: »
    Currently on a sim only deal with Eir mobile for €24.99, get unlimited free calls and texts but only 5GB of data p/mth. I can get Unlimited calls and texts, 20GB of data and 300 international minutes with Tesco mobile for €25. Can you offer a better sim only package? I don't particularly need international minutes, definitely need more data though. 
    How about
    eir Mobile SIM Only 400 mins 10GB data unlimited Texts
    15 euro for 1st 6 months then 25 Euro after
    30 days contract

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Brokejoke

MBSnr wrote: »
    How about
    30 days contract
    Hi, thanks for the reply! Should have mentioned I would like to keep unlimited calls, 400 minutes would not be enough. The Tesco Mobile deal seems far better than that anyway as I would have double the monthly data allowance.

MBSnr wrote: »
    How about
    30 days contract
    Hi, thanks for the reply! Should have mentioned I would like to keep unlimited calls, 400 minutes would not be enough. The Tesco Mobile deal seems far better than that anyway as I would have double the monthly data allowance.
    Don't go near Tesco Mobile. Read their forum and you'll see why. Network is bad and no 4G. I left them last March due to terrible voice drop outs and Edge data coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi Brokejoke 

Yes, we can offer you a better plan. At the moment we are having a sale on our Sim Only Unlimited plan. 

Usually, this would cost €30 a month, at the moment if you sign up you can get it for €15 for the first 6 months and then it goes up to €30 again.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 14,977 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Hi Brokejoke 

Yes, we can offer you a better plan. At the moment we are having a sale on our Sim Only Unlimited plan. 

Usually, this would cost €30 a month, at the moment if you sign up you can get it for €15 for the first 6 months and then it goes up to €30 again.

Thanks

Thomas
    presumably you need to be a new customer to get the 6 month discount though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Brokejoke

Hi Brokejoke 

Thanks

Thomas
    What exactly does this plan include? I'm not sure if I'd go for this as the price is great for 6 months but then I'm actually increasing my current monthly rate by €5 after that.. 
    loyatemu wrote: »
    Hi Brokejoke 

Thanks

Thomas
    Yes usually these kind of offers are only for new customers. Is there a retentions department in Eir mobile that can offer loyalty discounts I wonder?

Hi Brokejoke 

Thanks

Thomas
    What exactly does this plan include? I'm not sure if I'd go for this as the price is great for 6 months but then I'm actually increasing my current monthly rate by €5 after that.. 
    Hi Brokejoke 

Thanks

Thomas
    Yes usually these kind of offers are only for new customers. Is there a retentions department in Eir mobile that can offer loyalty discounts I wonder?
    I was on the €15 SIM only 100. Phoned customer support and moved to the €10 pm for 6 months SIM 100 promo last year. I phoned again last month to move to the €15 pm for 6 months SIM 400 promo and was told I could not move as new customers only. 
    Spoke to online chat in India and they said I could move and did the process for me. ;-)

Hi Brokejoke 

Thanks

Thomas
    No, this is not the case. 

This plan is available to all customers.

Please see the following link for more information - https://www.eir.ie/mobile/simonly/

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 14,977 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Please see the following link for more information - https://www.eir.ie/mobile/simonly/

Thanks

Thomas
    so I'm on the €25 a month SIM only plan currently - I can change onto this deal for 15 a month for 6 months, and then change back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

Please see the following link for more information -

I'm on this plan but it's costing me 30 a month...can I get the discount?

• Advertisement

VandC wrote: »
    Originally posted by eir: Thomas

Please see the following link for more information -

I'm on this plan but it's costing me 30 a month...can I get the discount?
    I would recommend calling our support team to change to this plan.

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas
    so I'm on the €25 a month SIM only plan currently - I can change onto this deal for 15 a month for 6 months, and then change back?
    I would recommend calling our support team to change to this plan.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement