Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependance 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,571 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The festival is very popular with young peoole in the area. It's basically a weekend out and they'd go no matter who was playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭slievenamon fella

endainoz wrote: »
    Nice wan, I bit the bullet and upgraded to the VIP camping. The quiter atmosphere and fully stocked bar swing it for me.

was hoping to hit the vip myself but couldnt get any of the rest of them to upgrade, guess il just have to slog it out like the younger folk

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭TheClubMan

I've been to this festival twice in the last few years. Brilliant atmosphere for a small festival, well run, good facilities and easy to get around. It's a great little festival with top Irish acts amongst others. Sure, you get 'chung ones' here but you do at every festival so just go and enjoy the top music on offer. Definitely recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Chung ones ??

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭TheClubMan

s8n wrote: »
    Chung ones ??
    Yes "Chung ones" as in young ones. Some people commenting on this thread see a young crowd as a deterrent to attending the festival

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Went to this last year, never again. Nothing bad just a VERY young crowd, mostly 16-18 year olds out of their minds on vodka or drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Will have to wait and see and report back

TheClubMan wrote: »
    Yes "Chung ones" as in young ones. Some people commenting on this thread see a young crowd as a deterrent to attending the festival

why not call them young ones then ??

chung ones makes no sense ???

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Ok s8n, Satan.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭airnwater

Hi

Anyone know if there is a pub music trail in the town itself earlier on Sunday ?
    There was the last couple of years , I asked on their FB page ,apparently there is but can't find anything about who ,where or when ! Also a friend was in Mitchelstown last Sunday & didn't see anything in the pub windows. A bit mysterious !

• Advertisement

Ok s8n, Satan.

??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

s8n wrote: »
    TheClubMan wrote: »

why not call them young ones then ??

chung ones makes no sense ???
    you make no sense - chung ones it is :)

VIP camping was a great choice, grand and relaxed. Stumbled into the main campsite earlier. Looked a bit mad, glad we didn't stay there!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Ah why is there no laugh instead of thanks button on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Well, what did people make of Indiependence then? It was my first time there in about 5 years.
    Enjoyed it... but it definitely did not come close to filling the giant Glastonbury sized hole in my life.

We had already bought tickets to this before they announced All Together Now. Had major FOMO over the weekend... but by all accounts the line up to ATN didn't really work out. (just based on feedback from the boards thread.) I did enjoy the line up at Indie. Delorentos, Everything Everything and Cast stole the show for me. Also really enjoyed Le Galaxie and Ham Sandwich.

Food was good, and there was little to no queuing across the site...

Having said that there wasn't much at all going on away from the 2 main stages. The main site actually seemed really quiet until about 8 or 9pm. Seems that most of the punters (AKA 'Chung Ones! :b) prefer to spend the weekend drinking in the campsite rather than enjoying the music. Fine by me as it was no problem getting up the front :)

Yup fully agree with those points, I'd say we're probably from the same age bracket too! King Kong Company stole the whole weekend for me, absolutely fantastic live act. It was easy for us to get around the area. They could do with some more things to do during the day all the same and there was some issues with lack of signage in the town itself and small things like that. Overall happy with the weekend all the same. Possibly would go again next year depending on lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

endainoz wrote: »
    Yup fully agree with those points, I'd say we're probably from the same age bracket too! King Kong Company stole the whole weekend for me, absolutely fantastic live act. It was easy for us to get around the area. They could do with some more things to do during the day all the same and there was some issues with lack of signage in the town itself and small things like that. Overall happy with the weekend all the same. Possibly would go again next year depending on lineup.

Actually your spot on about the signage! We drove past the entrance twice, and then went into the main drop off area instead of the car park. The highvis guy literally turned around every car in front of us and said to us (quite exasperated!): Why is everyone coming in here to park and not down the road?! We were like... 'I think it's pretty obvious that you have an issue with a lack of signage.'
    That was the Friday afternoon, and they didn't seem to bother fixing it!

Think I'll be trying out ATN next year instead... Indiependance is just too small for my desired festival experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Sheog wrote: »
    Actually your spot on about the signage! We drove past the entrance twice, and then went into the main drop off area instead of the car park. The highvis guy literally turned around every car in front of us and said to us (quite exasperated!): Why is everyone coming in here to park and not down the road?! We were like... 'I think it's pretty obvious that you have an issue with a lack of signage.'
    That was the Friday afternoon, and they didn't seem to bother fixing it!

Think I'll be trying out ATN next year instead... Indiependance is just too small for my desired festival experience!

Sorry but ATN is reserved for anyone who went this year!

Advertisement