Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreadful Customer Service when applying for loan

Options
  • 21-02-2018 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Almost 2 weeks ago I applied for a small student loan. I didn’t hear anything from BOI so called to see what the story was, nice advisor in the loans department told me that he couldn’t see my application on the system and asked me to reapply. Technical difficulties are understandable, so I thought it was a once off and reapplied again over the weekend.

I rang on Monday morning to ensure that my application had gone through this time and was put on hold for a few minutes before a rather abrupt woman told me that my application was on the system and that I would have an answer by tomorrow (Tuesday).

Today is now Wednesday, having heard nothing I decided to ring again. Got through to an advisor who I explained the situation to, he put me on hold for about 10 minutes, told me that he couldn’t find my application on the system and would have to find the person I was talking to on Monday. He said he didn’t want to put me back on hold, so checked that my number was correct and told me he would call me back in a few minutes. Low and behold no phone call came.

This is very annoying,I have spent time filling out 2 applications since last Friday I have spent over 30 minutes on the phone and still cannot get someone to simply look at a loan application and give me an answer. This really shouldn’t be that difficult. I am seriously considering changing banks over this, having been a BOI customer for years with no plans to move until this point.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

dcfc91 wrote: »
    Almost 2 weeks ago I applied for a small student loan. I didn’t hear anything from BOI so called to see what the story was, nice advisor in the loans department told me that he couldn’t see my application on the system and asked me to reapply. Technical difficulties are understandable, so I thought it was a once off and reapplied again over the weekend.

I rang on Monday morning to ensure that my application had gone through this time and was put on hold for a few minutes before a rather abrupt woman told me that my application was on the system and that I would have an answer by tomorrow (Tuesday).

Today is now Wednesday, having heard nothing I decided to ring again. Got through to an advisor who I explained the situation to, he put me on hold for about 10 minutes, told me that he couldn’t find my application on the system and would have to find the person I was talking to on Monday. He said he didn’t want to put me back on hold, so checked that my number was correct and told me he would call me back in a few minutes. Low and behold no phone call came.

This is very annoying,I have spent time filling out 2 applications since last Friday I have spent over 30 minutes on the phone and still cannot get someone to simply look at a loan application and give me an answer. This really shouldn’t be that difficult. I am seriously considering changing banks over this, having been a BOI customer for years with no plans to move until this point.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here and sorry to hear that you're unhappy.

Can I ask you to send us a private message (you should be able to do this through the link below this message) and I'll be happy to have a further look into this for you.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement