Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy Family JNS

Options
  • 21-02-2018 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,
    Could anyone tell if there any chances to get a place in Holy Family JNS Swords for a non religious child? (Will be 4.10 in September 2019, in the catchment area - Boroimhe).
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Possibly Sept 2020..... with the current waiting lists at October cut off date I'd fear it will be even further back by next year. Apparently 115 on waiting list this year. A portion of those will get places or go elsewhere but there could be 100 children all ready to jump into those spaces next year before any "new" names are added. Just to say the wait list does not hold from year to year but names taken every January.
    My friends child did not get a place last year and she was 4 and 10 months but did for this Sept. she will be 6 in November, starting in September....

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Montserrat

Lady_North1, thank you a lot. In the situation like your friend's child was in last year, what normally parents do? Waiting for the next year or the child starts in another school and then shifts to Holy Family? Is that child Catholic?

My friend waited the year and her child will start this year at almost 6 yrs old.
    You could go to another school and try but if you do junior infants in another school you cannot transfer to junior in another school. Children can only do junior infants once.
    With regard swapping after that it's highly unlikely that a place would be available in snr inf, first or second as they are currently filled to maximum. You'd be better sticking with one school perhaps rather than swapping. I wish I could advise on the right road to go but that's personal choice and I'd hate to give you false hope or information.

Oh had the child is catholic....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

We were at the meeting couple of weeks ago for parents of sept18 starters.
    The principle said that up to a few years ago, religion didn't come into it. But due to the numbers applying, they stuck to the policy of prioritising Catholic, parish and finally age cut off.
    They hate to do it, but are forced into it with the numbers applying.

People are coming from as far as Drogheda and using their parents address.. to try and combat this, the school ask for a utility bill, but they are just putting a utility into their name.

• Advertisement
Advertisement