Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobpath queries

• 21-02-2018 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭

I have 2 queries in relation to jobpath. I am with jobpath now and have been applying for full time jobs. However recently I decided I'd like to maybe set up my own small business. I would tell my jobpath supervisor but I'm not sure if they would encourage me? Would they get their commission if I get self employed? Also would jobpath be happy with a person getting a part time job and signing off social welfare? Or is it only full time jobs they get paid for?
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I have 2 queries in relation to jobpath. I am with jobpath now and have been applying for full time jobs. However recently I decided I'd like to maybe set up my own small business. I would tell my jobpath supervisor but I'm not sure if they would encourage me? Would they get their commission if I get self employed? Also would jobpath be happy with a person getting a part time job and signing off social welfare? Or is it only full time jobs they get paid for?
    Thank you

If you sign off SW then you are finished with TN. JobPath is only accessible to those on a Jobseekers payment. Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭sallyanne12

splinter65 wrote: »
    If you sign off SW then you are finished with TN. JobPath is only accessible to those on a Jobseekers payment. Good luck!

Oh yes I understand but i was wondering would I tell my TN supervisor that I'm also considering part time roles and he would also be looking out for these for me or would he only want me searching full time roles? And if I start self employed I'm looking at obtaining the back to work enterprise allowance but I don't know would TN help me with this or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Ajsoprano

The new fas told me I’m jobcompanies case now didn’t wanna know.

I was just looking for a safe pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

TN are not interested in what you want to do, they are only interested in their commision.

There are many threads about them on this forum but in all the thousands of people who have had to endure this nonsense there has yet to be even one report of jobpath EVER helping to find anyone a job.

What they seem to have been successful at is harassing people so much that they end up signing off welfare and finding their own job.

This has led the government to declare it to be the most successful programme ever instigated by social welfare.

Some may agree with that conclusion but as far as your plans are concerned op, I think you better just do what you want to do without relying on any help from TN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Nomis21 wrote: »

What they seem to have been successful at is harassing people so much that they end up signing off welfare and finding their own job.

Or finding their own job and then signing off welfare?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

Squatter wrote: »
    Or finding their own job and then signing off welfare?

Yes, that too. It seems to me that might be the purpose of jobpath. They don't help you, but you get so fed up with them that you go and find a job yourself.

In 18% of cases it seems to be that way, according to the figures.

Thing is though, those 18% might have got a job themselves without being bothered by Jobpath. Hard to know...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

If you’re thinking of setting up your own business think really carefully
    I did this and they put me on back to work enterprise allowance.
    Had to spend days going around different suppliers to get written quotes for materials and equipment and two sets of quotes from two different suppliers for the same stuff.
    Sent it in as part of the grant application and never heard anything back. Rang them emailed them and eventually went up to them to ask about the application and they never even received it. Case officer completely disappeared and was unavailable any time I tried to contact them.

Went around and had to do all again cos they won’t accept copies only originals, this time handed the grant application and all the quotes and documentation in a second time.
    Waited. Nothing.
    Got in touch and you guessed it. They said they never received it. And still the case officer totally MIA never even returned a call or replied to an email.

I’m now a year living on €144 with the odd sale here and there but it’s jyst not worked out. I have to go up now in a few weeks and sign back on for jobseekers and I’m certain the missing case officer will magically reappear to give me all kinds of hell. Probably make it even more difficult given she clearly never responded to any of my attempts to contact her.

I’d think really long and hard about going this way with them OP unless you can secure outside backing and finance.

Wish you all the luck no matter what you do and hope you have a better experience than I’ve had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

david75 wrote: »
    If you’re thinking of setting up your own business think really carefully
    I did this and they put me on back to work enterprise allowance.
    Had to spend days going around different suppliers to get written quotes for materials and equipment and two sets of quotes from two different suppliers for the same stuff.
    Sent it in as part of the grant application and never heard anything back. Rang them emailed them and eventually went up to them to ask about the application and they never even received it. Case officer completely disappeared and was unavailable any time I tried to contact them.

Went around and had to do all again cos they won’t accept copies only originals, this time handed the grant application and all the quotes and documentation in a second time.
    Waited. Nothing.
    Got in touch and you guessed it. They said they never received it. And still the case officer totally MIA never even returned a call or replied to an email.

I’m now a year living on €144 with the odd sale here and there but it’s jyst not worked out. I have to go up now in a few weeks and sign back on for jobseekers and I’m certain the missing case officer will magically reappear to give me all kinds of hell. Probably make it even more difficult given she clearly never responded to any of my attempts to contact her.

I’d think really long and hard about going this way with them OP unless you can secure outside backing and finance.

Wish you all the luck no matter what you do and hope you have a better experience than I’ve had.

It's time to put the boot in! Complain to the Ombudsman.

https://www.ombudsman.gov.ie/en/Make-a-Complaint/Complaint-online-form/

Advertisement