Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for job offer

Options
  • 21-02-2018 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I need your help, I had an interview in January and it was successful, I went through the next stage, so medical and background check and references checking as well, all positive. So so far so good. the HR contacted me to tell me that they want to make me an offer, but after that the HR called me 3 times in the last two weeks to tell me that everything was fine and he would contact me in the next few days with an official offer, he did this twice. the last call I received was last week, and now a week has passed and not call and no offer. I sent an email asking for an update but I didn't get any replay. What do you think it's happening? Im starting to think that they don't want to make me an offer anymore.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Phenol wrote: »
    Hi I need your help, I had an interview in January and it was successful, I went through the next stage, so medical and background check and references checking as well, all positive. So so far so good. the HR contacted me to tell me that they want to make me an offer, but after that the HR called me 3 times in the last two weeks to tell me that everything was fine and he would contact me in the next few days with an official offer, he did this twice. the last call I received was last week, and now a week has passed and not call and no offer. I sent an email asking for an update but I didn't get any replay. What do you think it's happening? Im starting to think that they don't want to make me an offer anymore.

Could be a delay with getting it signed off I got told I was getting an offer before Christmas which only came through in January

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

My guess is the HR person is being given the run around in the background, probably by a department manager who needs to give final approval for the offer to be made.

Maybe the department manager is off on business or even sick, I’ve seen so many things delay this process, it can be shockingly frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Giving you a definite job offer, a start date and a contract to sign.

All too often people notify too early, get their dole cut off and then get told the job has been withdrawn, or offered to someone else or by someone else to a different candidate etc... and they have to go back and re-apply for the dole and lose their payment for the time in between.

People on the dole cannot afford to lose payments because of some HR or middle managers tardiness or mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Phenol

Thanks for your replies, it's really frustrating because I went from calls every two days with a "everything is looking good" to no call at all for the last 7 days, with no update. The HR told me that he was waiting for something to get back, but he didn't explain me what it was. It's just that this is my first job so I don't really have a lot of experience in this, but I kind of put all my hopes on this job.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Hold the course, keep communication polite and hopeful.

But it may be wise to persue other avenues simultaneously. I’ve seen jobs cancelled within hours of offers being made, in some larger companies getting things like this across the line can be a laborious task.

I hope it goes well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement