Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Coalition boycotts FCP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Cass wrote: »
    And that is only when they will give it. FOI can and have been refused.

Be hard for them to refuse it anymore, as they have previously openly supplied the meeting memos. Be very odd to now go and claim "Govt meeting or law enforcement confidentiality", and that would certainly make one want to dig deeper and get the FOI to review the decision.

Thing is, again it's now mid-2018,most of this was 12 to 18 months ago and the SC[OVI] has departed the FCP stage...[Or has it? Difficult to know...] So the question should be, is it a live entity still influencing Govt policy,or is it now 3 or 4 people meeting down in a phone booth somewhere, that no one pays attention to anymore??

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Be hard for them to refuse it anymore, ............
    They have, recently.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

gunny123 wrote:
    Is the jp craven i see on one of those sheets, the same jp craven who is/was involved on the midlands rifle range ?
    Yup , owner.
    gunny123 wrote: »
    If he is still involved with this lot of bandits, he'd want to have a word with himself.
    Better to have someone in there than outside. He is the newbie in there and I wonder has he been initiated into all the secrets yet.
    :eek:
    grassroot1 wrote: »
    If he is in there he is there because Voldemort chose him to be there
    Addressing all of these as one.

I'm not defending JP, he is big and ugly enough to do so himself, however i have spoken to JP on this matter before, during, and after the dates of the letters/FOI documentation.

He was invited to these meetings but would not attend. Hence the reason he is marked on the initial meeting on the 8th March 2016 as "Apologies". IOW not there. You'll notice Keelan Symes was also marked the same.

The rest of the documentation is dated 24th October 2016, 23rd January 2017, and 20th April 2017 with all those who actually attended. None of which show him in attendance for ANY of the meetings. This coincides with his assurances to me that he would not attend or be part of anything to do with the so called coalition.

While I can understand him not wanting to attend I do think it would have better to go even if just to voice opposition to what was being proposed at least it would have been noted in minutes or something.
    Having said that I dont know fully his reasoning so cant judge. I just feel it better to have someone in who can be there rather than no one.

I need to stress i'm not talking on his behalf merely voicing my opinion on what happened.

Had he gone it would have given credence to the so called coalition. Remember this was not a meeting of various groups, it was the so called coalition only. Any attendance would have been viewed, cause i know i would have seen it this way, as him giving legitimacy to the so called coalition.

Besides all that there are others who could have gone and should have gone. The IGTA or a rep from it should have been invited. The main body of the FCP should have been notified of this meeting, its content, the proposals, and the outcome prior to any SI being signed into law.

If it wasn't informed then it was bypassed to suit their [DoJ] agenda. If they were informed each step they someone needs to pull their head out of their arse and start to actually represent the groups they claim to by informing it's members of what exactly is happening to OUR sport.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I'm extremely worried at a supposedly knowledgeable shooting body supposedly looking out for our interests (The S.C.) looking for a pilot programme to try convince the DOJ to change a law that doesn't exist to allow pistols be imported the same way rifles are imported.

And I am also worried that the DOJ answer to that proposal is in relation to competition law and not actually acknowledging that there is no such law in the first place.

The blind leading the blind springs to mind.

Anybody hitching their wagon to the S.C. needs to really take a good look at themselves.

• Advertisement

They have, recently.

Who,What,Why?:confused:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

I'm not defending JP, he is big and ugly enough to do so himself, however i have spoken to JP on this matter before, during, and after the dates of the letters/FOI documentation.

He was invited to these meetings but would not attend. Hence the reason he is marked on the initial meeting on the 8th March 2016 as "Apologies". IOW not there. You'll notice Keelan Symes was also marked the same.

The rest of the documentation is dated 24th October 2016, 23rd January 2017, and 20th April 2017 with all those who actually attended. None of which show him in attendance for ANY of the meetings. This coincides with his assurances to me that he would not attend or be part of anything to do with the so called coalition.

Thats good to hear Cass. He was probably invited by Voldemort to lend weight to his and the so called coalitions carry on.
    Its too easy to lie down with dogs and get up with fleas.

Speaking of foi's, anyone ask to see the petition that Walsh handed in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Wexshot1

Did he actually hand anything in ???
    Spoof if you ask me.

Wexshot1 wrote: »

Did he actually hand anything in ???
    Spoof if you ask me.

Either way, we should know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

From what I hear the petition included all the signatures that the NARGC gathered when there was the so called threat to semi auto shotguns. If you remember they were done under the SC guise, that was back in the day when the NARGC was funding the so called Sports Coalition, before they woke up and saw the damage the Sports Coalition of Vested Interest (SCOVI) all members now called a shower of scovis'. was doing to the shooting community they pretended to represent... I reckon personally it was copies of the metro herald as numerous goateed' small stature persons were seen on dart and Luas lines across the Capitol collecting them in droves around that time.........God I hate night work, its boring as ****

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

What I heard:

Bottom line was the NARGC (MK2) regime repeatedly asked the SCOVI's for a meeting to find out what the actual fock was going on .

Chairman of SCOVI's would not agree to meeting and took a less than respectful tone. Not a good idea when you think of the mindset of NARGC mark 2.

The Finance Committee do not need a second excuse NOT to write a cheque for anything let alone this type of sh1te. Formal pull away in Feb 2017. Unanimous vote of Gov Body If I recall correctly.

Since then a lot of SCOVI activity has come to light, you can see why they did not want to meet with NARGC.

Was on holidays and just read the FOI stuff. It is beyond belief. Some people have a neck like a jockeys bollix.

Wexshot1 wrote: »
    Two snippets from an foi request.
    For anyone who gets ammo delivered this is just one thing the SC wanted to stop along with pages of other restrictions.
    There is also a paragraph about dealers zeroing rifles illegally at their premises.

Still staggered by this.

Snippet No 1. Mr Walsh is talking about dealers trading from their premises.:eek::eek:

Eh? Did he not trade from his premises? For years? WTF?

You misread, it says private residence.

You are dead right, I did misread it.

It is private residence. He traded from his for years, maybe still does.

So this is do as I say, not as I do?:mad:

berettaman wrote: »

So this is do as I say, not as I do?:mad:

Something the irish are very good at.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭yubabill

Gun dealers to protest new storage SI today at Phoenix Park HQ - saying there was a lack of consultation on the new requirements.

Minister Stanton says he consulted with trade representatives.

Looks like the trade representatives forgot to tell many of the people they claim to represent.

http://www.thejournal.ie/gun-traders-protest-4147286-Jul2018/

yubabill wrote: »

Looks like the trade representatives forgot to tell many of the people they claim to represent.
    No they didn't.

What Minister Stanton does not say is the sub-group he "consulted" with was the so called coalition and their THREE rfds, one of whom is only an ammo dealer. He never consulted with the larger RFD representative group(s) thus eliminating nearly 90% of the trade.
    I rank the Journal as being right up there with the now defunct Irish Shooter's Digest for accuracy. The reporter/author of the article never asked which groups were consulted, what percentage of total RFDs that accounts for, why was it a sub group and not the full body of the FCP, and who the so called coalition claim to represent.

As for the comments well all you need is to read them to find out the ignorance of the general population regarding guns. From comments such as "No one needs high powered handguns/rifles" to "i didn't know gun dealers were a thing, would they have enough business to keep going", and finally to "guns shouldn't be allowed, you only need a 22 and/or a shotgun".

They are ignorant of the fact that there are an estimated 230,000 firearm licenses in the country held by an estimated 145,000 people. So called "high power handguns" would be anything other than 22lr which covers a grand total of some 200 firearms. Also the ignorance of the law. One comment that said we only need 22s and a shotgun for deer and foxes, doesn't even realise the law demands a so called high powered rifle for deer. You're not allowed to shoot them with a 22 or shotgun.

This is why i've been saying for years about the danger of the so called coalition and how the shooting community would receive little to no help or sympathy from the general public.

yubabill wrote: »
    Gun dealers to protest new storage SI today at Phoenix Park HQ - saying there was a lack of consultation on the new requirements.

http://www.thejournal.ie/gun-traders-protest-4147286-Jul2018/
    Interesting.

I understand that the minister was informed in writing that the people he was dealing with represented no one but themselves.

Makes his statement all the more interesting.

This is the kind of twatology you are dealing with out there. I give you" Lochinvar 56" from the Journal.ie comment section on this article.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

@....... indeed I have…. I suppose youse will be looking for an amendment on the right to bear arms…. by the way is the NARGC funded by the NRA

Personally,if the journal.ie was in paper format,I wouldn't even hang it on the back of the jacks door it's that bad.
    So to expect their "journalists" to actually report anything factually or accurately is asking a lot of a leaving cert grade student rag.

• Advertisement

This is the kind of twatology you are dealing with out there. I give you" Lochinvar 56" from the Journal.ie comment section on this article.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

@....... indeed I have…. I suppose youse will be looking for an amendment on the right to bear arms…. by the way is the NARGC funded by the NRA

Personally,if the journal.ie was in paper format,I wouldn't even hang it on the back of the jacks door it's that bad.
    So to expect their "journalists" to actually report anything factually or accurately is asking a lot of a leaving cert grade student rag.

Yeah its dire, full of millenials, unemployed and unemployable far lefties. The journal is a cure for constipation :mad:

What about the sports coalition ? Have they crawled back under their slimy rock or are they still doing the opening scene from "Macbeth", three witches around a cauldron dreaming up nasty surprises for us all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thanks CJ. They didn't exactly turn out mob-handed did they ? Out of all the dealers in the country, six ? Also i never heard of any mention of the bogus sc security rubbish foisted on the dealers, in that video or that article .

From what I hear (clay shoot gossip) they have met in the South and they are waiting on the outcome of The NARGC AGM with interest.
    There meddling has gone wider as an organisation than just targeting shooting in ireland they apparently put in a pro lead shot ban proposal (allegedly ) and are quoted as saying we are dinosaurs, remember this would tie in with their proposal for a proof house as we would have to get our older guns all proofed for steel. One man said if steel comes in were goosed as its €18 a box. Dont know enough about it

To use a now infamous quote "They haven't gone away you know" and are still claiming behind the scenes they still represent the shooting community and that they spoke to a vast number of people they are lobbying hard only one shooting organisation seem to be mirroring all there proposals running courses for night time shooting of foxes etc. All other organisations IFA NARGC CSAI are treating them like a paria.

What about the sports coalition ? Have they crawled back under their slimy rock or are they still doing the opening scene from "Macbeth", three witches around a cauldron dreaming up nasty surprises for us all ?
    The problem, yet another one, of the so called coalition is when they're public they create a sh*t storm and a mess the rest of us have to clean up, and when they're quiet it's worse. They're involved in some secret sub group which is pissing away our sport, or making wild accusations against long established shooting groups that have actually done good for the community.

It won't end for them [sc] until we, all of us, make it known to the Minister, Review Group, NASRPC, and any other group that continues to give credit to this so called coalition that we don't support them, don't agree with them, and frankly want them gone.

From what I hear (clay shoot gossip) they have met in the South and they are waiting on the outcome of The NARGC AGM with interest.
    There meddling has gone wider as an organisation than just targeting shooting in ireland they apparently put in a pro lead shot ban proposal (allegedly ) and are quoted as saying we are dinosaurs, remember this would tie in with their proposal for a proof house as we would have to get our older guns all proofed for steel. One man said if steel comes in were goosed as its €18 a box. Dont know enough about it

To use a now infamous quote "They haven't gone away you know" and are still claiming behind the scenes they still represent the shooting community and that they spoke to a vast number of people they are lobbying hard only one shooting organisation seem to be mirroring all there proposals running courses for night time shooting of foxes etc. All other organisations IFA NARGC CSAI are treating them like a paria.

They can get stuffed them and their poxy proof house, you would want to be a right charlie to hand that shower a gun for them to attempt to blow it up, and pay for the privilege too. There are excellent professionally run proof houses in the rest of Europe, some hundreds of years old with huge experience, that i would use if i needed a gun tested. Rather than hand it to "come here to me bud" and co.

As for claiming to represent Irish shooters, well i and a few on here did take the time and trouble to email Stauntons office telling them very plainly that the scam coalition did in no way represent me. But how many others did ? 20 ? 50 ? 100 ? Out of how many licence holders ?

It won't end for them [sc] until we, all of us, make it known to the Minister, Review Group, NASRPC, and any other group that continues to give credit to this so called coalition that we don't support them, don't agree with them, and frankly want them gone.

Where is the scam coalitions registered offices ? Anyone want to make a placard and have a day out ? Maybe hire a coach or two and have a day out ?

The argument that Ireland needs a separate proof house is archaic and null and void in what is meant to be a European market. Any item should not be sold into the market unless it's reached a minimum standard therefore Italian proofs and British proofs or German proofs should be good enough for Ireland there was a reason we went for harmonised standards.

It's only another attempt to ride the shooting men by SCOVI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

No they didn't.

What Minister Stanton does not say is the sub-group he "consulted" with was the so called coalition and their THREE rfds, one of whom is only an ammo dealer. He never consulted with the larger RFD representative group(s) thus eliminating nearly 90% of the trade.

My usual sarcasm, there, Cass - always useful to get a conversation going.

That was a fairly professional protest yesterday despite the speakers wandering off topic at times.

Minister Staunton must be scratching his head - he thought he had consulted with RFD's and now some of the heavy hitters in the trade are protesting outside the structure of the FCP.

The protest was about the whole system, rather than the new SI but you have to ask why the authorities take any half-opportunity to regulate shooting even more?

My own opinion is the authorities have a very low opinion of Irish shooters, possibly owing to media coverage of mass shootings by nutjobs.

My experience with the authorities is that they all know an uncle or someone in the family that shoots but then there comes a disconnect when it comes to policy as their perception makes a quantum leap to the nutter mass-shooter side.

It would help the authorities perception of us if we had more representative representatives, rooting out the type who let a tiny bit of power go to their heads.

Advertisement