If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for LG B7 OLED with sound system

Options
2»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys,

Have only got my new equipment set up in the last few weeks due to building delays etc. hoping someone can help

The B7 is great, love it, the sound bar (YSP 2700) is my issue, I've connected my STB directly to the bar and then ARC back to the TV as is the norm, however its almost impossible to get it to play from when I turn it on, keep getting 'NO SIGNAL, CHECK CONNECTIONS' the only way I can get it to work is to reboot the STB and then it plays fine? Surely I shouldn't have to reboot the STB every time I switch source?

I've tried different HDMI cables to be on the safe side but no joy, I've googled it endlessly and tried all the settings, seems like I'm not the only one with the same problem

Tried yesterday to put the STB source direct to the TV and arc back to the bar and its seems to work but I'm guessing I'll miss out on some of the capabilities of the bar then, which obviously I don't want to do as I purchased this high end bar because of the spec and capabilities.

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

James.
    Hi James.

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having.

We have had one of these connected several time to our in-store STB or demos and never seemed to have any issues.
    What type of STB do you have?
    Have you tried connecting any other sources to the soundbar to see if the issue also happens with them or is it only the STB?

Using the ARC from the televisions will not lose any features of the soundbar. Dolby digital is probably the best audio format the STB can output and the television via ARC would be just as good an audio signal. All of the other features for the soundbar will still operate the same.

If you are still having issue you can return the soundbar to us and we can give it a good test over.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭FightingIrish

Hi guys,

Have only got my new equipment set up in the last few weeks due to building delays etc. hoping someone can help

The B7 is great, love it, the sound bar (YSP 2700) is my issue, I've connected my STB directly to the bar and then ARC back to the TV as is the norm, however its almost impossible to get it to play from when I turn it on, keep getting 'NO SIGNAL, CHECK CONNECTIONS' the only way I can get it to work is to reboot the STB and then it plays fine? Surely I shouldn't have to reboot the STB every time I switch source?

I've tried different HDMI cables to be on the safe side but no joy, I've googled it endlessly and tried all the settings, seems like I'm not the only one with the same problem

Tried yesterday to put the STB source direct to the TV and arc back to the bar and its seems to work but I'm guessing I'll miss out on some of the capabilities of the bar then, which obviously I don't want to do as I purchased this high end bar because of the spec and capabilities.

Thanks,

James.
    Hi James.

We have had one of these connected several time to our in-store STB or demos and never seemed to have any issues.
    Have you tried connecting any other sources to the soundbar to see if the issue also happens with them or is it only the STB?

Using the ARC from the televisions will not lose any features of the soundbar. Dolby digital is probably the best audio format the STB can output and the television via ARC would be just as good an audio signal. All of the other features for the soundbar will still operate the same.

If you are still having issue you can return the soundbar to us and we can give it a good test over.

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm gonna give it a few more days to see if I can figure it out, last night for example, I couldn't bring up the settings menu for the bar on screen, I could when I had the STB direct to the bar (STB is a Mag box used for IPTV) 

Appreciate the offer to check it out and I may take you up on it, just wanted to see if there was something obvious that I had been doing wrong first.

I'll let you know how I get on

Thanks,

James.

Hi guys,

Thanks,

James.
    Hi James.

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm gonna give it a few more days to see if I can figure it out, last night for example, I couldn't bring up the settings menu for the bar on screen, I could when I had the STB direct to the bar (STB is a Mag box used for IPTV) 

Appreciate the offer to check it out and I may take you up on it, just wanted to see if there was something obvious that I had been doing wrong first.

I'll let you know how I get on

Thanks,

James.
    No worries James.

Did you try dropping Yamaha a call as their support team know their stuff!

Keep me posted.

Hows it going lads, back again looking for best price on another B7 please?

Hi Fighting Irish.

Thanks for coming back to us but unfortuantely the B7's have now been discontinued for a few months with no more stock available.

The current range starts at the 55B8S priced at £1479.00 or 1699 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203506-lg-oled55b8s-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

I could offer a bit of a deal at £1450 with free shipping

• Advertisement

Hi Fighting Irish.

Thanks for coming back to us but unfortuantely the B7's have now been discontinued for a few months with no more stock available.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203506-lg-oled55b8s-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

That's grand Kenny, I'll take that, I'll call the shop now to make payment.

James.

Hi Fighting Irish.

That's grand Kenny, I'll take that, I'll call the shop now to make payment.

James.
    Thanks for the order James.

Have a great weekend :D

Hi guys, recently noticed a distortion on the screen of my B7, possibly banding of some sort, not sure, whats the best way to get in touch re. this issue?

Thanks,

James.

Hi guys, recently noticed a distortion on the screen of my B7, possibly banding of some sort, not sure, whats the best way to get in touch re. this issue?

Thanks,

James.
    Hey FightingIrish.

Sorry to hear you are having issue with the B7.
    We get very very few issues on the OLED's.

If you drop the guys who deal with our service issues an email at Service@Richersounds.ie with your details and the fault they will arrange for an engineer to call out to you if required.

Also if possible could you maybe try and take a picture of the issue as I know LG usually always ask for this first.

Any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

James.
    Hey FightingIrish.

If you drop the guys who deal with our service issues an email at Service@Richersounds.ie with your details and the fault they will arrange for an engineer to call out to you if required.

Also if possible could you maybe try and take a picture of the issue as I know LG usually always ask for this first.

Will do Kenny, thanks for that.

James.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks,

James.
    Hey FightingIrish.

Will do Kenny, thanks for that.

James.
    No problem, we'll keep an eye out for it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.