Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bought a used car which I haven't driven!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Azban

I'm interested in this thread to see if the dealer turns out to be genuine.

Are we allowed the dealer name as so far they sound decent if true ?

It may be a slightly older car and you may not have spent a massive amount of money at the dealer for a dealer but they did do a deal with you and made a promise so if they are decent they should keep said promise.

OP please keep us updated on this

I will post an update as soon as I get the car back which will be in the next few days. I'm also going to get it check by a mechanic.

I would say if they did and it's a big if, they probably still made money as car was most likely standing them near nothing.

Nobody wants a 2litre petrol high tax car.

A bit of a self contradictory comment dont you think :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Azban wrote: »
    A bit of a self contradictory comment dont you think :D

I mean the car would probably be a trade in standing feck all and any cost fixing could still mean a profit or breaking even at least.

2litre petrol mentioned in Ireland is like saying it's a 6 litre.

I mean the car would probably be a trade in standing feck all and any cost fixing could still mean a profit or breaking even at least.

2litre petrol mentioned in Ireland is like saying it's a 6 litre.

I meant the comment "nobody would buy a 2 litre car with high tax" when youre commenting on someone's post who just bought that exact car :D

I just went for this car as I only use it as a weekend car, and mainly because this model but in a 2009 car would actually cost me €7000 more over 5 years. I get what you mean though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I meant the comment "nobody would buy a 2 litre car with high tax" when youre commenting on someone's post who just bought that exact car :D

I just went for this car as I only use it as a weekend car, and mainly because this model but in a 2009 car would actually cost me €7000 more over 5 years. I get what you mean though.

Ah right I get ya.

I would buy it it's just the way so many think these days.

1 it must be diesel as it has cheap tax yada yada.

2 litre is no way a absolute animal or high powered....

• Advertisement

I'm interested in this thread to see if the dealer turns out to be genuine.

Are we allowed the dealer name as so far they sound decent if true ?

It may be a slightly older car and you may not have spent a massive amount of money at the dealer for a dealer but they did do a deal with you and made a promise so if they are decent they should keep said promise.

OP please keep us updated on this

I picked up the car over the weekend. The car received a full engine rebuild and this was outlined in the service book and stamped. The 3 month warranty is also starting from today. None of the issues are present anymore and I was given a number for autoglass to get a free call out to fix the chip in windscreen.

So far I cannot fault the car company and they have gone against any preconceptions I had about second hand car salesmen. The company is right price cars, I'll see how I get on over the coming weeks and I'll update on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I picked up the car over the weekend. The car received a full engine rebuild and this was outlined in the service book and stamped. The 3 month warranty is also starting from today. None of the issues are present anymore and I was given a number for autoglass to get a free call out to fix the chip in windscreen.

So far I cannot fault the car company and they have gone against any preconceptions I had about second hand car salesmen. The company is right price cars, I'll see how I get on over the coming weeks and I'll update on this.

If this turns out to be true, I have to say they deserve great credit. I know of no other garage that would rebuild the engine in a car that cheap. Credit where credit is due.

Advertisement