Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signed up in December- still no service - utterly frustrated and sick and tired of be

Options
  • 22-02-2018 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

After an error by Eir regarding my address which meant the technician couldn't install the service I have spent hours on the phone and online, speaking to at least ten different people, I still have no installation date for a service that was ordered in December and for which I am now receiving bills. I would like to cancel but suspect that this may be trickier than just persevering. I would like a rep here to contact me or I will take this matter further.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

simber wrote: »
    After an error by Eir regarding my address which meant the technician couldn't install the service I have spent hours on the phone and online, speaking to at least ten different people, I still have no installation date for a service that was ordered in December and for which I am now receiving bills. I would like to cancel but suspect that this may be trickier than just persevering. I would like a rep here to contact me or I will take this matter further.
    Hi simber ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 6 simber

Do not touch this company. I've wasted so much time and effort on this utterly disgraceful shambles of a company. Still no tv or modem after 3 months and endless phone calls. So a few weeks ago we lodged our second complaint with Eir. A few days later I have a missed call with a rambling message saying that an appointment had been made for tv installation on the 14th of February. This was in March. When I called the number back I got an automated response telling me to contact customer service. No chance.
    I had a direct number for appointments in my notes from the hours spent talking to 'customer care', so I called them and an appointment was made for today. So I took another day off work (my third) and guess what?!! Yes you guessed it, they managed to screw it up again. I called appointments at 10.30 this morning as I just had a feeling something might go wrong and yes, the agent could not locate the house and had tried to call me at 9.58. Nope, because I'm sitting there watching my phone just in case. No missed call. When I asked what address they had I was told just the street name (it's a housing estate), with no house name or eircode. This is despite me spending literally hours with countless different people trying to get my address successfully updated to include an eircode. Needless to say I lost it with the poor guy in appointments for which I do apologise.
    A new appointment has been made for Monday the 26th. A few minutes later my landline rings and it is the guy from KN asking was I trying to call him, I explained that no, but I believe you were trying to call me - allegedly - at 9.58. Guess what? The account has the wrong mobile number on it, he was calling some guy in Longford. I'm in Greystones, not that it matters.
    The mind boggles. More wasted time. Utter shambles. When I posted on this forum weeks ago I was basically told to contact 'customer service'. Utter disgrace that this company is operating like this. Avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 simber

Do not touch this company. I've wasted so much time and effort on this utterly disgraceful shambles of a company. Still no tv or modem after 3 months and endless phone calls. So a few weeks ago we lodged our second complaint with Eir. A few days later I have a missed call with a rambling message saying that an appointment had been made for tv installation on the 14th of February. This was in March. When I called the number back I got an automated response telling me to contact customer service. No chance.
    I had a direct number for appointments in my notes from the hours spent talking to 'customer care', so I called them and an appointment was made for today. So I took another day off work (my third) and guess what?!! Yes you guessed it, they managed to screw it up again. I called appointments at 10.30 this morning as I just had a feeling something might go wrong and yes, the agent could not locate the house and had tried to call me at 9.58. Nope, because I'm sitting there watching my phone just in case. No missed call. When I asked what address they had I was told just the street name (it's a housing estate), with no house name or eircode. This is despite me spending literally hours with countless different people trying to get my address successfully updated to include an eircode. Needless to say I lost it with the poor guy in appointments for which I do apologise.
    A new appointment has been made for Monday the 26th. A few minutes later my landline rings and it is the guy from KN asking was I trying to call him, I explained that no, but I believe you were trying to call me - allegedly - at 9.58. Guess what? The account has the wrong mobile number on it, he was calling some guy in Longford. I'm in Greystones, not that it matters.
    The mind boggles. More wasted time. Utter shambles. When I posted on this forum weeks ago I was basically told to contact 'customer service'. Utter disgrace that this company is operating like this. Avoid like the plague.

Advertisement