Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I am now an Irish Rail employee (apparently)..

• 22-02-2018 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Email received 10 minutes ago:
    to: ******@gmail.com
    date: 22 February 2018 at 12:04
    subject: Please read your updated policy booklets –Equality and Diversity at Work, Social Media and Protected Disclosures

[/td]
    [/tr]

[font=Lato, Arial, sans-serif]logo-ir%402x.jpg

[/font]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Dear Colleague,[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]At times we will need to issue new or revised company policies to you for your information purposes.  We will use email for this as it is the most efficient means of reaching all employees across the full reach of our organisation. The number of policies issued each year is low. Whilst email is our preferred means of issue we also print some copies of each policy. Those wishing to receive printed copies should request them from their line manager who will arrange for their issue to you.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Below are three Iarnród Éireann policies in relation to Equality & Diversity at Work, Social Media and Protected Disclosures.  [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Please take the time to read these policies as it is important that you understand the content of each so that you are informed of the Company’s expectations and guidelines for all employees.  If you have any questions or queries about the policies or their content, please refer to your line manager.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Equality & Diversity at Work All of us in Iarnród Éireann have a role to play in realising equality and diversity in the workplace. We support a workplace where the diversity of colleagues, suppliers, customers and clients are respected and treated with dignity.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Social Media Iarnród Éireann’s Social Media Policy is in place to assist employees in understanding how we use our social media channels, to detail the policy covering official Iarnród Éireann activity through social media, and to explain what we expect of employees in their personal use of social media.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Protected Disclosures This policy addresses the responsibilities of employees and management for the detection and reporting of any alleged wrongdoing. It also sets out the actions to be taken in the event of such wrongdoing. The response plan provides an outline of how reports under this policy will be handled within the organisation.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]These policy documents are important for all who work in our organisation.  Iarnród Éireann is committed to operating best practice in each of these areas and to aligning its policies with the principles of its Mission, Vision and Values.  Our[/font] [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] intention is to create an inclusive workforce and high functioning working environment with these policies encouraging us to be respectful and professional to all colleagues, stakeholders and customers.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Once you have read and understood the policies, click the button below - I have read and understand these policies.[/font]

Yours Sincerely,

Ciaran Masterson

Director Human Resources

[/td]
    [/tr]

[font=Lato, Arial, sans-serif]I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE POLICIES[/font]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/td]
    [/tr]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

That calls for a strike!

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Beats anything exciting I have gotten!

A complaint by a passenger about a train that left Sligo with no toilets working which left the passenger in discomfort for the day with cramps. The reply by the Northern District Office was unsatisfactory so the complaint was escalated to management as to how to proceed and that's where I was cc in the email.

I mean its good to know Irish Rail feel my input is important when dealing with customer service issues :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

I got one too ... colleague :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Learn to lean against things properly.its essential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Staff don't use email anyway, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

Ha! Me too. Marked it as spam as I thought it was a bit dodge.

Staff don't use email anyway, right?

Maybe they couldn't resist the Dunnes Voucher....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Should the thread title not be, " You are now talking to an Irish Rail worker" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Should the thread title not be, " You are now shouting at an Irish Rail worker" ?

Fyp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Just received this:

Dear Customer,

Earlier today you may have received an email from us, which should have been sent to employees of Iarnród Éireann only.

We apologise for sending this to you in error. We have reviewed this and identified the error which caused this to happen, and will ensure this does not happen again.

We assure you that you will only receive communications from us in future in line with consent you have previously provided.

Paul O’Kelly

Head of Marketing

Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail

• Advertisement

Independent says over 150,000 customers got the email :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Apply for the Dunnes card now &#55357;&#56833;

• Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭dermo888

Kotek Besar.......interesting.....hmmm,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Independent says over 150,000 customers got the email :eek:

didn't know they had that many customers!

Advertisement