Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA refund balance of booking deposit after closing

Options
  • 22-02-2018 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Just wondering what is the normal time frame for an estate agent to refund a booking deposit (minus their fees and VAT) to the sellers solicitor following the sale closing? Not sure at this stage if my EA is delaying things longer than normal at a week with no correspondence and not returning calls?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

I sold and closed 31st Jan,
    only received the refund from the EA on the 20th Feb.
    The EA took a few days to confirm costs, and then sent the refund by cheque by post to my solicitor who was 150 meters away.
    solicitor then had to lodge it and wait for it to clear, and then send it to me.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭theboringfox

Mine was adjusted off closing price so there was none outstanding. Is it normal for it to only get given back after close?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kk2014

Thank you both. Yes it's normally done after closing, however our EA bought our house and has not refunded the booking deposit to our solicitor yet hence the sticky situation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

The EA bought your house himself and is charging you sales fees?

Yes - you couldn't make it up could you?!

• Advertisement

kk2014 wrote: »
    Yes - you couldn't make it up could you?!
    I would be making a complaint to the PSRA. He shouldn't be making on both sides of a transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

I would be making a complaint to the PSRA. He shouldn't be making on both sides of a transaction.

Yeah, how does the OP know if all offers were passed on?

Thanks - I hadn't thought about that. The house is in the west where the market is slow so after a few months his offer was the only one we got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Thanks - I hadn't thought about that. The house is in the west where the market is slow so after a few months his offer was the only one we got.

that you know about!

It was sold at the asking price which is rare for around here so we don't have any issues about the money - more the fee charged

• Advertisement

It was sold at the asking price which is rare for around here so we don't have any issues about the money - more the fee charged

He is only entitled to a fee if he introduces a purchaser to the house, which he didn't do. Complain away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Did he value the house,and suggest the asking price that he would advertise it for as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

This is dodgy as........

Advertisement