Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I stop a payment into my bank account?

• 22-02-2018 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi.
    I have reason to want to stop a payment into my Current account. Right now a monthly payment is being made and for good reason I want this stopped. How can I do this. The bank advised they have no way of stopping the payment but I'm sure there must be a way. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Only the persons ending the payment can stop it. If the bank advised there is no way why do you doubt them?

Can you not just ask the persons ending to stop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Steviesol

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    Only the persons ending the payment can stop it. If the bank advised there is no way why do you doubt them?

Can you not just ask the persons ending to stop?

I am sure if the could OP could ask they would.
    The only suggestion I have is to close the account and open another.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Steviesol wrote: »
    I am sure if the could OP could ask they would.
    The only suggestion I have is to close the account and open another.

Short of assuming, I asked in order to give advice if possible

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Change account numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cmore123

Two ways. Get the sender to stop. Or, close your account and open a new one. If an account is closed, anything going in will be returned to sender.

However, there's nothing to stop sender going into a branch of the bank and saying they want to lodge to your account but don't know the number.

If you close your a/c, therefore, and open a new one, do it in a different bank that the sender doesn't associate you with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Why not just transfer it back?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Advertisement